The Five Love Languages: How to Express…

The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate (original 1992; edition 1995)

by Gary Chapman

3,974None1,283 (3.95)21
Member:readr
Title:The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
Authors:Gary Chapman
Info:Northfield Publishing (1995), Edition: 2nd, Paperback, 204 pages
Tags:non fiction, love, communication

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman (1992)

English (62)  German (1)  All languages (63)
This is the book that everyone should read, thoughtfully, and apply. It is not only applicable to married couples, but applies to all relationships, helping with understanding why someone may have the expectations or desires in a relationship that they do.
  Keith.Benjamin | Apr 16, 2014 |
My husband and I enjoyed reading this book together for our Christian book club at church. We feel that the information is good for those who do not intuitively know how to love their spouse in their own love language. ( )
  silva_44 | Mar 27, 2014 |
Great book on figuring out how best to relate to the differnt people in your life ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
I don't typically read books like this, but after bearing off a year long engagement to a man I'd been with for almost 6 years, I took a chance with it. I knew I had made mistakes with him, and I knew that I was feeling disappointed in the way he'd interacted with me for years, but I didn't quite know why. Gary Chapman articulated exactly how I felt and gave me an explanation as to why I felt the way I did. It was really quite incredible, discovering things about myself after all those years of being with someone, thinking we were doing it right. This book really does give a very clear and concise understanding into the different ways people express and accept love, and I strongly encourage couples to read it together. Even if you're not having problems, but especially if you are, The Five Love Languages is a great jumping off point to trying to fix what might seem irreparably broken. ( )
  morgtini | Feb 25, 2014 |
This should be required reading for all couples. Seriously, they should pass free copies out when you apply for a marriage license, sorta like the driver's license manual.

Before I read this book, I thought love is love, right? Not necessarily. Some people feel most loved when their significant other uses positive words of affirmation, some feel that the amount of quality time equals how much they are loved, while others believe that the amount of gifts, acts of service, and physical touches represents how loved they are. Once a person learns which of these "love languages" is their significant other's primary love language, and vice versa, they have the key to a more emotionally satisfying relationship.

I am very impressed with Gary Chapman's theory. I received this book as a bridal shower gift, and I certainly will be giving other copies as gifts in the future. ( )
  vonze | Feb 5, 2014 |
Wir flogen 10.000 Meter hoch zwischen Buffalo und Dallas, als der Mann neben mir seine Zeitschrift vor sich in die Sitztasche schob, sich mir zuwandte und mich fragte: "Was machen Sie denn beruflich?"

Marriage should be based on love, right? But does it seem as though you and your spouse are speaking two different languages? New York Times bestselling author Dr. Gary Chapman guides couples in identifying, understanding, and speaking their spouse’s primary love language—quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, or physical touch.

By learning the five love languages, you and your spouse will discover your unique love languages and learn practical steps in truly loving each other. Chapters are categorized by love language for easy reference, and each one ends with specific, simple steps to express a specific language to your spouse and guide your marriage in the right direction. A newly designed love languages assessment will help you understand and strengthen your relationship. You can build a lasting, loving marriage together.

Gary Chapman hosts a nationally syndicated daily radio program called A Love Language Minute that can be heard on more than 150 radio stations as well as the weekly syndicated program Building Relationships with Gary Chapman, which can both be heard on fivelovelanguages.com.

The Five Love Languages is a consistent new York Times bestseller - with over 5 million copies sold and translated into 38 languages.  This book is a sales phenomenon, with each year outselling the prior for 16 years running!

Includes a promotional code to gain exclusive online access to the new comprehensive love languages assessment.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:53 -0400)

Dr. Chapman explains how people communicate love in different ways, and shares the wonderful things that happen when men and women learn to speak each other's language.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,476,594 books! | Top bar: Always visible