Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

Lock and Key (edition 2008)

by Sarah Dessen

Member:cbritt29
Title:Lock and Key
Authors:Sarah Dessen
Info:Viking Juvenile (2008), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 432 pages

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

Very cute. A nice choice of books in the Young Adult section. It was a quick read, but I honestly enjoyed it. ( )
  Max_Tardiff | Oct 29, 2018 |
Teens in Trouble novels aren't really my thing, so I'm not sure why I picked this up, but I'm glad I did. Dessen does a great job showing that there is more to people than their problems or their surface persona. We start with Ruby, a messed up outsider, who moves to a perfect house with a perfectionist sister, a perfect preppy neighbor, and a perfect and scary prep school. Our understanding of the characters grows along with Ruby as their relationships grow, until we end with a whole group of messed up, yet ultimately optimistic characters. ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |
Not my favorite Dessen book and a rather long YA novel, but a solid read for girls who are committed to YA romance. It didn't leave a lasting impression, as I can't remember the protagonist's name 4 days post-reading. ( )
  MsKathleen | Jan 29, 2018 |
This was my first Sarah Dessen novel, and I'll be honest, the only one that I can remember I've actually read, since all her books have the exact same plot. There is still a special place in my heart for this one however, and I have read it multiple times. ( )
  erinla | Oct 31, 2017 |
too much inner musing on blindingly obvious answers to what family means. but it was a sweet tale that maybe could have succeeded at half the length it was. ( )
  mfabriz | Jun 26, 2017 |
For Leigh Feldman, for seeing me through this time, every time. And to Jay, always waiting on the other side.
"And finally," Jamie said as he pushed the door open, "we come to the main event. Your room."

Lock and Key is about girl named Ruby who has lived with her mom all her life. Then suddenly her mom leaves her and Ruby is forced to live with her sister Cora. Ruby is overwhelmed by all the fancy things that now surround her. Ruby, a complicated and independent girl, is reluctant to learn about the new world she lives in now. A close friend of hers is facing a similar situation like Ruby’s; will Ruby be able to give her friend the help that she never got?

Ruby is used to taking care of herself. But now she?s living in a fancy new house with her sister Cora?a sister she hasn?t seen in ten years?and her husband Jamie?creator of one of the most popular online networking sites. She?s attending private school, wearing new clothes, and for the first time, feels the promise of a future that include college and her family. So why is she so wary? And what is Nate? the adorable and good-hearted boy next door? hiding behind his genial nature? As Ruby starts to see, there?s a big difference between being given help, and being able to accept it. And sometimes, in order to save yourself, you?ve got to reach out to someone else.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:56 -0400)

When she is abandoned by her alcoholic mother, high school senior Ruby winds up living with Cora, the sister she has not seen for ten years, and learns about Cora's new life, what makes a family, how to allow people to help her when she needs it, and that she too has something to offer others.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,410,779 books! | Top bar: Always visible