Double Fudge by Judy Blume

Double Fudge (original 2002; edition 2007)

by Judy Blume

3,420302,312 (3.79)16
Member:bloo
Title:Double Fudge
Authors:Judy Blume
Info:Puffin (2007), Paperback, 224 pages

Double Fudge by Judy Blume (2002)

GR: R
GL: 4.5
DRA: 40
Lexile: 450L
  Infinityand1 | Aug 2, 2016 |
Peter's 5-year-old brother Fudge develops an obsession with money, wanting as much of it as possible and demanding that his parents buy him things. Meanwhile, Dad runs into his long-lost cousin Howie and his overbearing family during a trip to Washington D.C. Peter's best friend Jimmy moves to SoHo with his dad. And Uncle Feather the pet myna bird has stopped talking.
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
A very fun read for readers beginning to appreciate longer stories. Double fudge is a quirky story about two families and their differences. ( )
  KassRuiz | Dec 3, 2015 |
This is a fun book about a family with very different children. Fudge is the middle and precocious child that is always getting in to trouble. He has to learn that "the best things in life are free" the hard way.

This would be a great read aloud book for students to help them with prediction and visualization. It mentions several historic landmarks during their trip to the city which would be fun to further explore.

Fudge's obsession with money could launch into a study of various forms of money in different countries as well as math skills and budgeting. It would be a fun book to read while teaching students money denominations. ( )
  msmarymac | Jun 8, 2015 |
Summary: The Hatcher family goes on a trip to Washington D.C. Fudge is obsessed with money so his parents decide to take him to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. They end up meeting their extended family, the Howie Hatchers, on their way. The Howie Hatchers invite themselves to move in with Peter and his family so now they had to deal with their twin cousins and mini-fudge.

Evaluation/Argument: Another one of Judy Blume's books in her series that will keep readers interested in what Peter and Fudge are up to next. As a child I loved reading all of the books in the series and still enjoy reading this specific book today. I have a lot of fond memories of my Mom reading this book to my siblings and I at night. This book is great and really funny to any child who reads it. Fudge's obsession with money is very relatable to kids as they have a growing interest in money. The questions and ideas Fudge has about money is just an example of some of the questions that any typical child has about money. I love the creativity that Judy Blume has in regards to naming her characters. She uses very different names than the norm. I love this about her books and it aids in making her characters unique to other books.
The central message of this book is the importance of family values and money. The topic of divorce is also brought up due to peter's friend Jimmy's parents getting a divorce. These are very important topics to bring up to children and emphasize the importance of. ( )
  mwade4 | Oct 14, 2014 |
For my grandson Elliot, who lights up my life
When my brother Fudge was five, he discovered money in a big way.
But are these shoes really so bad? Ban enough so the kids at school will laugh and say, "Nice shoes, Hatcher. Where'd you find them...in the trash?" Should I try on another pair? Should I wait to see what Fudge chooses and then...

Futsch macht Peter fast wahnsinnig! Seit kurzem ist er von allem, das mit Geld zu tun hat, besessen. Am liebsten möchte Futsch die ganze Welt kaufen und schon beim Frühstück malt er Dollarzeichen auf alles, was nicht niet- und nagelfest ist. Doch als plötzlich entfernte Verwandte aus Hawaii auftauchen, kommt es für Peter noch dicker: Die campieren nämlich im Wohnzimmer und seine zwei neuen Cousinen nerven ihn damit, dass sie Musicalstars werden wollen.
Das zweite Abenteuer von Futsch & Co.

Fans young and old will laugh out loud at the irrepressible wit of peter Hatcher, the hilarious antics of mischievous Fudge, and the unbreakable confidence of know-it-all sheila tubman in Judy blume’s five Fudge books. brand-new covers adorn these perennial favorites, and will entice a whole new generation of Fudge—and Judy blume—fans.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:50 -0400)

His younger brother's obsession with money and the discovery of long-lost cousins Flora and Fauna provide many embarrassing moments for twelve-year-old Peter.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,593,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible