Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

When I Fall in Love by Lynn Kurland

When I Fall in Love

by Lynn Kurland

Nicholas de Piaget is the brother of Robin and four other syblings. His grandmother is determined that at 28 he is getting old and needs a wife. She is inviting a multitude of medieval ladies to visit Artane in order for him to make a selection. He however is determined to escape the ladies and so he travels to his castle at Wyckham. Passing the abbey being built by an old enemy, Ledenham, he rescues a beautiful red-haired woman that is in the process of being burned at the stake. He immediately realizes she is from the future like his brother-in-law, Jake. Lynn Kirkland always amazes me. I love her series of books. they capture my attention and I cant put them down. This is another one that I couldn't put down until I finished it. And I love the fact that she continues on through the family, so you find out what happens after the book ends. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Ona trip to Scotland to visit her sister, the heroine finds herself thrust back in time after investigating the ruins of a castle.She's saved from a burning at the stake by the hero who history portrays at the most hansom chiverous man. Unfortunatly, other than being truly beautiful, he's distant, and somewhat sad. The hero finds himself in love with the heroine on sight due largly in thanks to her stunning beauty. It's also clear that she's from the future and though he doesn't tell her he knows about her secret, he's always helpful and willing to take her to multiple places around the county to find a time gate. I liked this book because it was a typical timetravel story with a typical brave and hamson Knight saving a homeless and lostmaiden from the future but I also found myself growing bored with the predictable plot and abscene of drama or action. The majority of the story is spent with the hero and heroine admiring each other from a safe distance but never really having the courage to let on about their feelings. Traveling from one place to another, going through the ritual of saying their goodbyes only to have the gateway not work and the heroine left crying; this became a running theme. I wanted more action, more depth to the characters. Something other than a pasted muted unrequited love affair and the fact that the hero's a bastard. The heroine had fight to her, she could handle herself but she was boring. They had no spark. Sort of disappointing. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
This a wonderful tale and a delightful return to the lives of the de Piaget family.

Nicholas de Piaget is the brother of Robin and four other siblings. His grandmother is determined that at 28 he is getting old and needs a wife. She is inviting a multitude of medieval ladies to visit Artane in order for him to make a selection. He however is determined to escape the ladies and so he travels to his castle at Wyckham. Passing the abbey being built by an old enemy, Ledenham, he rescues a beautiful red-haired woman that is in the process of being burned at the stake. He immediately realizes she is from the future like his brother-in-law, Jake.

Jennifer McKinnon is the sister of Thomas, Megan and Victoria from Kurland's other novels. She is a violinist. Having visited her sister Megan in England at Artane, where Megan lives with her husband the present Lord of Artane, Jen has gone site-seeing and has been led by the three ghosts into the old abbey where she is whisked off to the past. Jen has heard all the stories about Nicholas and his family. Meeting him lets her know he is still the perfect knight.

While both fight their feelings for each other, the beauty, peace and humor that dwell in any Kurland book surround us and them. The grandmother arrives with another batch of beauties and Nick decides the one he wants is Jennifer. But can he make her want him and the past more than the marvels of the future.

I love Kurland's books and this one is a welcome addition to the collection. ( )
  Cancer | Jul 17, 2007 |
To my family
I did lock that door when I left this afternoon, didn't I?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515142964, Mass Market Paperback)

Jennifer McKinnon is convinced there are no more knights in shining armor-at least not in Manhattan. Little does she know that a hero of legendary chivalry waits her...800 years in the past.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:48 -0400)

While on vacation in England, Jennifer McKinnon wakes up eight hundred years into the past where she discovers that chivalry is alive and well when a handsome knight comes to her rescue and vows to help her return home.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,489,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible