Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

Love You Forever (1986)

by Robert Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

Recently added byprivate library, UCNS-CP, juniorhigh, sandye33, FTCNS, rita82, Suzradams, Bellarose2, hschock

This was such a sweet book!

" I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be"

A mother repeats this phrase to her son at night, continuing this as he grows up. Parents of even older children can relate. No matter how old they get, they are still yours and you love them.
This books shows that through good times and bad and has such a sweet, tender ending that should touch everyone's heart.

There is one part that is a bit disturbing with the mom even sneaking into the "boy's" home when he is an adult to continue so sooth him in his sleep. While the literal sense of this is....unusual to say the least, the concept the book holds is very true. For me to this day, my mother still calls me her "Munchkin" and has admitted that even having kids of my own I will still be her little girl. No matter what I do or go through she loves me. And that is the message I love about this book.

When I first saw this I half wondered what it was about and hoped it was not about toilet training. Lucky for me I it wasn't. This book is a treasure and a perfect book to read before bed. and the quote about is utterly endearing. Try it with your own child! ( )
  jljaina | May 16, 2015 |
This is great for the ones who are really close to their parents. A good book to read with mom when feeling down. ( )
  Kelsly93 | Apr 30, 2015 |
This is a loving story about a mother and son relationship. It could be a good book to talk about growth and aging.
  peyrobs | Apr 29, 2015 |
This book is appropriate for preschool and up. This classic will have you crying, but it is adored by all its readers because of the love depicted between a mother and her children. Love You Forever can be used as a mentor text that inspires students to write about a family member they love.
  Sarah.Lew | Apr 29, 2015 |
This is a beautiful story about a mother and son relationship. This is one of my favorites growing up and my mom read it to me over and over. This is a good mentor text for mothers day or fathers day for the students to do an extension on or write a poem following this authors structure. ( )
  RaineyNicole | Apr 29, 2015 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Love You Forever is a story that will bring readers to happy tears. It focuses on the relationship between a mother and her little baby boy and the enjoyment and love for each other. It will bring or want you to be closr to your mother.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:03 -0400)

A young woman hold her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. This is the story of how that little boy goes through the stages of childhood and becomes a man.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,193,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible