Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

Love You Forever (1986)

by Robert Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

4,724241996 (4.27)50

This book will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first book I read to my daughter when she was born. I have to fight the tears every time I read it, but I love it. It's a great book to show the dynamic between a mother and child - as well as the inevitable circle of life. ( )
  Intiasar | Feb 23, 2015 |
This story is so heart warming. It explains how parents love their children unconditionally and through the ups and the downs will be there. As the reader it is very moving and as a young child it can be very soothing. My mom used to read this book to me all the time growing up and she would cry. As a kid I never understood why exactly she was crying, but she would say that she loved me so much this book brought her to tears. I used to like the book for the connection it made between her and I also liked the rhythm of the story. I am sure I am not the only one who has had these wonderful experiences with this book!! I would recommend it to anyone with a young family member that you love!!! ( )
  Taylor42 | Feb 22, 2015 |
This story is an explanation of how much parents love their children through the good times and the bad times. In this book a mother says a quote to her son almost every night since he was a little boy. Even through rough times when he was growing up his mother would still say the loving quote to him when he was sleeping.
The illustrations in the book enhance the story because they are detailed and connect to the message of the story. Though this is a children book, I believe that the message is more appropriate towards teenagers and adults. The message makes us more aware of the time passing by and the things we always wanted to say but never did. That is why even though the writing and language of this book is meant for children in 2nd-4th grade, I chose to make my "collections" 5th-6th grade. ( )
  cwierz2 | Feb 9, 2015 |
This realistic fictional book shows the appreciation of a mother and son's relationship. She repeatedly tells him how she will love him forever and always. As he grows up, his mom continues to support and love him. ( )
  BayleeWestrick | Jan 26, 2015 |
This is a realistic ficticion book. It shows the precious love between a mother and her son. When the woman's son is just a baby, she sings a lullaby to him, after he has gone to sleep. Throughout his childhood, even when he gets into trouble and becomes negligent, she still rocks him in her arms and sings the same lullaby. After she gets very old, her now grown son comes to her, and he rocks her in his arms and sings the well-known lullaby to his mother. Later, in turn, he sings his mother's lullaby to his own infant daughter. This would be a good book to talk about familial love between family members in a 1st or 2nd grade classroom. ( )
  athena.j | Jan 20, 2015 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Love You Forever is a story that will bring readers to happy tears. It focuses on the relationship between a mother and her little baby boy and the enjoyment and love for each other. It will bring or want you to be closr to your mother.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:03 -0400)

A young woman hold her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. This is the story of how that little boy goes through the stages of childhood and becomes a man.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,753,555 books! | Top bar: Always visible