Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch

Love You Forever (original 1986; edition 1995)

by Robert N. Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

Member:CPCC-EDU
Title:Love You Forever
Authors:Robert N. Munsch
Other authors:Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)
Info:Firefly Books (1995), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Munsch(auth), McGraw(Ilus), picture_book, bedtime stories, love, family dynamics, parents

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (1986)

This book is about a mother telling her son how much she loves him as he goes through different life stages and getting into mischief. At the end of each life stage the mother tells the boy "I will love you forever my baby you will be always". The author ends the book with the mother old and feeble with the now grown boy carrying her telling her that he will love her forever. This book introduces children to life stages and shows a nurturing bond between a mother and son.
The illustrations are very colorful showing the boy getting into mischief and progressing through his different stages of life. ( )
  jproc55 | Jan 27, 2016 |
This book will make you bawl your eyes out. ( )
  AngelaGustafson | Jan 25, 2016 |
I think this book would be appropriate for students in kindergarten and up because although the text is easy to read, it is very long.
  sierragriggs | Dec 17, 2015 |
My mom would read this to me when I was little. She even made up a tune to go with the song. It's very sweet and heartwarming. ( )
  GeekGirlM | Dec 8, 2015 |
Good book to read out loud to students so that they can relate some of the characteristics that the book has about the son and the mother. ( )
  elizabethsalinas | Dec 8, 2015 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Love You Forever is a story that will bring readers to happy tears. It focuses on the relationship between a mother and her little baby boy and the enjoyment and love for each other. It will bring or want you to be closr to your mother.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:50 -0400)

A young woman hold her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. This is the story of how that little boy goes through the stages of childhood and becomes a man.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,073,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible