Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch

Love You Forever (original 1986; edition 1995)

by Robert N. Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

Title:Love You Forever
Authors:Robert N. Munsch
Other authors:Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)
Info:Firefly Books (1995), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Munsch(auth), McGraw(Ilus), picture_book, bedtime stories, love, family dynamics, parents

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (1986)

This was one of my favorite books as a kid and I did not know the meaning behind it until i looked it up and it truly touches my heart.
  ninaberger | Nov 17, 2015 |
I know, a lot of people love this book. But climbing through your adult son's window and crawling on the floor to peek over the bed while he sleeps is stalkerish behavior and creepy. If my mother-in-law was doing that I would need to set some serious boundaries and ask her to use the front door, but only during daylight. Maybe that's why he's sleeping in his own bed by the end of the book. I don't know, but there are plenty of healthier ways to let your children know you love them as they get older...don't act like a freaking robber in the middle of the night. Gives me the heebie jeebies! ( )
  TheIndigoQuill | Nov 7, 2015 |
This is a beautiful and heartfelt story about a mother's love for her son. The mother rocks her son every night even as he grows older and sings "I love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be" until she was too old and sick to sing it, and then her son did it for her saying that she'd always be his mom. The illustrations in this book use beautiful soft colors and it appears to be done in colored pencil. Teachers could use this book when talking about families or loving others. They could have students write a poem using this phrase for someone they love. ( )
  cpaavola | Nov 3, 2015 |
This one is really geared to appeal to the parent more than the kid. I know it's one of his best sellers but I only bought it because it was $1. We own most of the Munsch books which have had quite the work out... This one... Not so much. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Love You Forever is a book that follows the story of a boy who grows up being taken care of by his mother and in the end takes care of her because she is dying. The boy goes through several stages of his childhood and ends with him becoming a man. The mother sings to her son and he sings to her once she is on her deathbed. It is a story about love and how that love grows as years go by. This book can be passed on to several generations to come because it continues to have the same message. You are never to old to be loved and to be taken care of. The illustrations in this book are calming and very realistic, which makes this book relatable. The readers can see themselves in the story and that enables them to enjoy reading this book. The LEA lesson for this book can be about love. Students will learn that there is always someone who will love and care for them. Once they experience being loved, they will have the ability to reciprocate those actions/feelings towards others. ( )
  aschuler | Oct 13, 2015 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Love You Forever is a story that will bring readers to happy tears. It focuses on the relationship between a mother and her little baby boy and the enjoyment and love for each other. It will bring or want you to be closr to your mother.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:50 -0400)

A young woman hold her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. This is the story of how that little boy goes through the stages of childhood and becomes a man.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,878,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible