Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch

Love You Forever (original 1986; edition 1995)

by Robert N. Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

5,520306786 (4.26)59
Member:CPCC-EDU
Title:Love You Forever
Authors:Robert N. Munsch
Other authors:Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)
Info:Firefly Books (1995), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Munsch(auth), McGraw(Ilus), picture_book, bedtime stories, love, family dynamics, parents

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (1986)

Recently added bylsl8303, Mommystoo, burgemc, JenniferAndrew, tessakubanek, RachelRY, UCNorth, firstu, private library

English (305)  Spanish (1)  All languages (306)
Love You Forever is a heartwarming story about the love between parents and their children. Activate prior knowledge with a related anecdote of one of my children doing something I didn’t like, but how I still loved them. While reading this book to a class, I would point out the knotty things the boy does, but his mother still sings her song to him. Later for a class discussion, I would ask students to connect how the mother feels about the things her son does. Followed by commentary regarding, “Is there a difference in how she feels about the behavior vs. her son?” Students would need to support their answer. A further connection would be made to school behavior. I would then ask the students to write about their inference of the song. What does the song mean to them? ( )
  Lheatherly | Jul 21, 2016 |
Love love love this book! Will definitely read it to my children when I decide to have them. ( )
  lotoflivinglefttodo | Jul 21, 2016 |
Not my style ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
An expression of the endless love between a parent and a child. An pure affirmation of love.

3-5
Pierce College Library System
  E.V. | Jun 13, 2016 |
I cannot tell you how much this book means to me. Growing up this is the only book that I remember my mother reading to me and to this day I still remember her reading it to me like it was yesterday. A mother's love for her child is endless and unconditional and this book tells a beautiful story between a mother and her son. As time goes on we see the boy grow up but the love and bond remains the same. This book will forever have a place in my heart. ( )
  Jmreed1 | Apr 21, 2016 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Love You Forever is a story that will bring readers to happy tears. It focuses on the relationship between a mother and her little baby boy and the enjoyment and love for each other. It will bring or want you to be closr to your mother.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:50 -0400)

A young woman hold her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. This is the story of how that little boy goes through the stages of childhood and becomes a man.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,499,813 books! | Top bar: Always visible