Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch

Love You Forever (original 1986; edition 1995)

by Robert N. Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

Member:CPCC-EDU
Title:Love You Forever
Authors:Robert N. Munsch
Other authors:Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)
Info:Firefly Books (1995), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Munsch(auth), McGraw(Ilus), picture_book, bedtime stories, love, family dynamics, parents

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (1986)

This book is about a mothers love. It shows a mom watching her son grow from the time he was a baby, throughout childhood, and well into adulthood. She sings the song, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be." to her son every night as he grows up. At the end of the story it shows the son holding his aged mother the same way she held him and he sang the same song.

This is a very cute book with the catchy song lyrics. I love the repletion of the song, kids catch on to it quickly.

Classroom extension:
1. have the students write about a time their parent or loved one sang to them
2. have the student write a lullaby
  TameitriaJ | Mar 25, 2015 |
I throughly enjoyed reading this book for many reasons. First, I really connected with the story. For example, in the story, the mom sings the song, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be." to her son every night as he grows up. My mom used to sing a song to me when I was younger and I really connected to this aspect of the story. Second, the illustrations helped me feel for the mother in the story. They helped me follow along with the story and the boy who grew up. For example, whenever the mother sang the song, the author drew the mother holding her child. This helped me connect to the song. The overall message of the book is family is forever and traditions are important to keep within the family. ( )
  Kelsey_Barrell | Mar 24, 2015 |
This story is about a mom who loves her son and rocks him every night when he is asleep, as he grows up. The part that will get to a person is at the end, when the mom is old and her son rocks and sings to her. I added the tag of human body because I feel that age and growth are definitely represented in this story and could be discussed.
Ages 3-6
Source My Library
  Batsneedfriendstoo | Mar 14, 2015 |
This is the cutest book about how your parents take care of you, and as you grow old, you start to take care of them. This would be a good book for old and young kids and parents to read.
  harleybrenton | Mar 12, 2015 |
A classic book about a boy's relationship with his mother. I love to read this around Mothers Day to kids. I always get a little choked up.
  kamijake | Mar 11, 2015 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Love You Forever is a story that will bring readers to happy tears. It focuses on the relationship between a mother and her little baby boy and the enjoyment and love for each other. It will bring or want you to be closr to your mother.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:03 -0400)

A young woman hold her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. This is the story of how that little boy goes through the stages of childhood and becomes a man.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,232,710 books! | Top bar: Always visible