Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch

Love You Forever (original 1986; edition 1995)

by Robert N. Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

Member:CPCC-EDU
Title:Love You Forever
Authors:Robert N. Munsch
Other authors:Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)
Info:Firefly Books (1995), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Munsch(auth), McGraw(Ilus), picture_book, bedtime stories, love, family dynamics, parents

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (1986)

This is a classic story many adults will remember
  Yvonne_Chesak | Jul 30, 2015 |
Okay, I know, I know, giving this book five stars is about the laziest throwaway rating possible, and there may be some who prefer the lack of illusions in The Giving Tree, which shows this kind of absolute devotion stripped of its gauze, but the fact that Munsch here gets away with the soft-focus treatment is salutary. There is a time for sentimentality, and it is reading this book. Emmett loves to sway back and forth, back and forth, back and forth with the mother and her son and sing along with the song, although I have to be careful not to read it to him nights when his mum's at work or he gets distressed. I love the mum's big eyes when she sneaks up to her kid's bed, and how late-eighties the kid is in all the drawings (all "Sunny D! Thanks mom!") and I love that there's no going back, and as long as I'm living, my baby Emmett will be. It focuses the mind. It means--not that the book gets into these waters, because it is a paean to one bond and one only--that every day I need to get up and try hard to smile and bear up under all the anger and bad blood that his mum and I can't seem to overcome, because he's her baby forever too. Robert Munsch wrote this book after he lost his baby. It gets five stars. ( )
2 vote MeditationesMartini | Jun 27, 2015 |
One of my childhood favourites, that I have already read a few times to #mylittlecjp I can't tell him in words how much I love him ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
A classic. Should be read as a song. Tackles growing older, everlasting familial bonds, consistent love. ( )
  ashbrau | Jun 5, 2015 |
Love, love this book! A must-have for all parents to read to their children and grandparents to read to their grandchildren. Every child must know this story.

This book has special meaning to our family because my grandfather read this book to his mother every day while she was sick until the day she died. It brings a tear to everyone in our family even now. You need to know you're loved whether you are young or old and this book will tell you. ( )
  bandpmom | Jun 5, 2015 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Love You Forever is a story that will bring readers to happy tears. It focuses on the relationship between a mother and her little baby boy and the enjoyment and love for each other. It will bring or want you to be closr to your mother.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:50 -0400)

A young woman hold her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. This is the story of how that little boy goes through the stages of childhood and becomes a man.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,016,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible