Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch

Love You Forever (original 1986; edition 1995)

by Robert N. Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

Member:CPCC-EDU
Title:Love You Forever
Authors:Robert N. Munsch
Other authors:Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)
Info:Firefly Books (1995), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Munsch(auth), McGraw(Ilus), picture_book, bedtime stories, love, family dynamics, parents

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (1986)

This is a sweet book. I may use it in kindergarten when we discuss growing up and growing old. ( )
  ekrynen | Nov 23, 2014 |
  astinchavez | Nov 13, 2014 |
This book brings back memories of when I read it as a child and how lovely it is. There is so much love between a mother and her child, and this book greatly portrays that. ( )
  TeresaCruz | Nov 10, 2014 |
“Love You Forever” is such a cute, yet sad children’s book. I like it because it sparks emotion and is generally about love. I like this book for younger children because although there is a decent amount of writing, the text is bigger and has a lot of white, open space around it. This book made me cry because of how emotional and sad it is. I also think the main idea is to teach the readers of growing up and how family will always be there. The mother watched the son grow up, while the son watched the mother grow up. They both took care of each other and loved each other unconditionally, and I think this is an important bond for all people to see. “I’ll love you forever, like you for always, as long as I am living, my baby you’ll be,” shows that no matter what, they will love each other. I think this book is adorable for all children and even adults to read. ( )
  Juliekessler1 | Oct 30, 2014 |
Unconditional love and care for a child teaches him how to love, how to love his parent in return, and how to love his own child.

Case in point:

(Click to enlarge)

My only criticism: When the mother visits her son's house in the middle of the night I expected an unknown, bleary-eyed woman screaming "Burglar!" lying next to him in bed. Possibly with smeared mascara and a strong whiff of tequila on her breath. Now that would've been realistic. And hilarious.

Thank you, Karen H., for recommending this heart-melting book to me. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Love You Forever is a story that will bring readers to happy tears. It focuses on the relationship between a mother and her little baby boy and the enjoyment and love for each other. It will bring or want you to be closr to your mother.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:03 -0400)

A young woman hold her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. This is the story of how that little boy goes through the stages of childhood and becomes a man.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,997,064 books! | Top bar: Always visible