Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch

Love You Forever (original 1986; edition 1995)

by Robert N. Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

Title:Love You Forever
Authors:Robert N. Munsch
Other authors:Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)
Info:Firefly Books (1995), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Munsch(auth), McGraw(Ilus), picture_book, bedtime stories, love, family dynamics, parents

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (1986)

English (311)  Spanish (1)  All languages (312)
This book is a classic. Has been read to thousands of children ( )
  tmream | Oct 21, 2016 |
This book is an excellent book for younger children, showing how each child grows up and has children to take care of. This book can also be used as a song for parents to sing to their children. ( )
  BlaireEHill | Oct 21, 2016 |
This book is great for talking about familial love. Not only can this book be used for helping children visualize and articulate the unconditional love that they have for their family, but it can also reinforce the importance of valuing those who are close to you. ( )
  MadalynRoach | Oct 20, 2016 |
A little boy and the mom takes care of him her whole life. She says " I love you forever and always as long as you're living, my baby you'll be." Then as the mom got older, the boy grew up and took care of her. Repeating the same thing to his mother.
  Jennamg123 | Oct 16, 2016 |
I loved this book for many reasons. As a child this book was always read to me by my mother, and it was always one of my favorites. I love that this books language was descriptive and it also had different patterns for example the song that the mother sang was repeated many times to show the immense amount love that she had for her baby. The plot of the book was very organized very well and showed many things such as conflict and suspense or tension between the boy and the mother. For example the book showed how he grew from a baby to little toddler to a teenager and finally a grown man. The book showed conflict when the mother said she could not handle the boy and that "she wanted to sell him to the zoo". My favorite part of the book would be when the son, as a grown man, went to go see his very old mother and did exactly what she did when he was a child and then proceeded sing the song to his baby. It showed the reader that he was keeping the tradition alive and that he truly loved his mother. The main idea of this book would be that no matter what we do as children, teenagers or even adults our mothers or family will always find the good in us and love us forever. It teaches more of a cycle of life because eventually the son does the same thing the mother does to his own baby
  MackenzieVenezia | Oct 4, 2016 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Love You Forever is a story that will bring readers to happy tears. It focuses on the relationship between a mother and her little baby boy and the enjoyment and love for each other. It will bring or want you to be closr to your mother.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:50 -0400)

A young woman hold her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. This is the story of how that little boy goes through the stages of childhood and becomes a man.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,759,577 books! | Top bar: Always visible