Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch

Love You Forever (original 1986; edition 1995)

by Robert N. Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

4,345None1,133 (4.27)41
Member:CPCC-EDU
Title:Love You Forever
Authors:Robert N. Munsch
Other authors:Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)
Info:Firefly Books (1995), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Munsch(auth), McGraw(Ilus), picture_book, bedtime, love, family, parents

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (1986)

This is one of the cutest books I've ever read. It makes me cry every time! It shows the true love shared between a parent and their child. The well known quote from this story, "I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." explains how a mother's love is everlasting for her child. As the boy grows, his mother takes care of him until he is an adult and she is old, he takes care of her. This shows that the main idea of this story is that unconditional love comes full circle. This book is definitely one of my favorites, and I will without a doubt read this to my own children in the future. ( )
  jjones58 | Mar 30, 2014 |
This is mine and my mom's book. We always say this to each other. ( )
  ARamirez33 | Mar 30, 2014 |
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

Summary: This book follows a mom raising her baby boy from infancy to adulthood. The book talks about the unconditional love a mother has for her son.

Personal Reaction: This book is truly a classic! This was one of my favorite books as a child and still is to this day! It’s a wonderful book for new moms or moms to share with their kids!

Classroom Extensions: 1) Use this book for a parent’s night activity. Talk about the unconditional love parent’s/guardians have for their children and that no matter how old you are, your parents are still your parents.
2) Have the students do a picture walk. Allow them to write what they think the illustration describe. ( )
  Skylerdabney | Mar 26, 2014 |
Author Robert Munsch
Title LOVE YOU FOREVER
Illustrator Sheila McGraw
Publisher Firefly Books
Date 1995
Pages 32

Picture book
Summary of main plot: This book is about a boy and his mother. This book shows how the mom loves the little boy when he is a baby all throughout his childhood years and even when he grows up. Every night before the boy goes to bed the mother tells the boy "Ill love you forever ill like you for always as long as I am living my baby you will be". This is kind of the famous quote of this book you could say. When the boy grows up it shows he moved out and left his mother and shows him with his own baby and he goes in his little girls room and says "Ill love you forever ill like you for always as long as I am living my baby you will be" At the end of this book it shows the boys mom is very old and fragile now and the boy(well man now) goes to his moms house holds his fragile mother and says "Ill love you forever ill like you forever as long as I am living your baby I will be".

Tags or subject Headings: This book tags LOVE as a main part in this book. This book really shows the true compassionate love between a mother and a son no matter how old you are. Deep love agape love this book reminds me of. Unconditional love.

My Response: I absolutely love this book, as a little kid I use to read it all the time. I Use to almost have this book memorized. This book makes me want to cry sometimes just because how sweet it is and I think it just teaches children that family especially your mother and father too but your mother is very important because a son and a mother or even a daughter and a mother have a special bond that nobody can break. Your mother carried you in her womb and took care of you all throughout your life so in return you should love your mother unconditionally because you know your mother loved you unconditionally as well. ( )
  Mihalevich | Mar 21, 2014 |
I liked this book because I think that it is easy for readers to relate to this story because it features a theme of the bond between mother and son. The way this story is written is engaging, as well as moving. For instance, throughout the story the mother repeats to the son "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, My baby you'll be." This becomes really meaningful later when the son repeats it to his dying mother instead. These words can evoke powerful emotions in the reader, pushing them to think about the strong bond between a mother and son. Looking at the big picture, this story demonstrates what it means to be family and that your family will always be there for you.
  dcully1 | Mar 5, 2014 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Love You Forever is a story that will bring readers to happy tears. It focuses on the relationship between a mother and her little baby boy and the enjoyment and love for each other. It will bring or want you to be closr to your mother.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:03 -0400)

A young woman hold her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. This is the story of how that little boy goes through the stages of childhood and becomes a man.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,482,861 books! | Top bar: Always visible