Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch

Love You Forever (original 1986; edition 1995)

by Robert N. Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

Member:CPCC-EDU
Title:Love You Forever
Authors:Robert N. Munsch
Other authors:Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)
Info:Firefly Books (1995), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Munsch(auth), McGraw(Ilus), picture_book, bedtime stories, love, family dynamics, parents

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (1986)

English (324)  Spanish (1)  All (325)
A heart warming story for infants to read. Great family reading time book about a parents love for their children. ( )
  hermione8665 | Feb 17, 2017 |
Very good book for a young child that almost puts a tear in your eye. Deals with a mother raising her son starting as a little baby all the way until he was an adult himself. His mother would go into his room at night, and rock him to sleep with the same poem each night. At the end of the story the son who is now an adult picks his elderly mom up and rocks her to sleep as she is nearing the end of her life. This is a great book that portrays the meaning of family. ( )
  TylerAnderson | Feb 14, 2017 |
SUMMARY: Love You Forever is a book about a mother and a son. As the son grows from newborn to adult the mother loves him despite his annoyances that she has to live though as he grows and grows. As he she continues mature to sing to him even into to adulthood she sneaks into his house and Sings this song. “I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you always, As long as I’m living my baby you’ll be.” This book has great family values and is good for people of all ages.

Personal Reflection: My wife’s parents suggested this book. They have let me read it before and every time I read I tear up. Not very manly but I don’t care. I also love my children very much and my mother and father very much. My in-laws have also become a great source of love and acceptance. I will probably never read something that makes me feel so loved by my family.

Extension Ideas:
1. This is an excellent story for a Journal Entry. Questions for the students could INCLUDE: 1. What is the main theme? 2. What is the relationship between mother and son? 3. How did this truly make you feel? Complete sentences and paragraph format.
2. They students can make a card to their mother, a great mother’s day book. ( )
  Erin.Kuszmaul | Feb 8, 2017 |
Love You Forever is a great children's book. It shows how parents still love you even when you get older and go through changes. It also carries on family traditions. I like this book because it's a cute family story and would be great for children. The grade level for this book is for first grade and up. ( )
  alexisjm01 | Feb 4, 2017 |
Gekregen van Canadese oom en tante voor 1 van onze kinderen. Niet alleen boek, maar ook (destijds) cassette met het luisterboek en "I love you forever" als liedje. Gaat nooit meer uit m'n hoofd! ( )
  MiebetW | Jan 15, 2017 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Love You Forever is a story that will bring readers to happy tears. It focuses on the relationship between a mother and her little baby boy and the enjoyment and love for each other. It will bring or want you to be closr to your mother.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:50 -0400)

A young woman hold her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. This is the story of how that little boy goes through the stages of childhood and becomes a man.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,515,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible