Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

Love You Forever (original 1986; edition 1995)

by Robert Munsch, Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)

Member:Kandie1208
Title:Love You Forever
Authors:Robert Munsch
Other authors:Sheila McGraw (Illustrator)
Info:Firefly Books Ltd. (1995), Paperback, 32 pages
Tags:Contemporary Realistic Fiction, Personal Library

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (1986)

English (388)  Spanish (3)  All languages (391)
really sweet book about a mothers love
  lesabrn | Mar 6, 2019 |
This story embraces the relationship and love between a child and their parent. It really emphasizes that the love between a parent and a child is unconditional.

I really liked the themes of love in this book. But weirdly enough, I thought this book was a little strange--almost creepy. The image of the mother going into the son's room is a little creepy for me. I get why people like it, but it was weird to me. ( )
2 vote KailiMarion | Dec 10, 2018 |
This book is about a mother and son growing up together. The mother always say a little song about loving her son forever. As the years went on, life was happening but the mother always loved her son like he was a little baby. The mother grew old and the son rocked and sang the same song to her. This is a very sweet story for little ones, baby to preschool because there is a song that mothers or fathers can sing to their child that can be very soothing. ( )
  JennySkvarna | Dec 3, 2018 |
A new baby has just come into the mom's life. This story follows the child as it grows up into an adult. No matter what the child does or how they act the mom will always say "“I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.” This would be if the child were to do something such as flushing his mom's watch down the toilet, or acting out as a typical teenager. This book then reverses it at the end when the boy is an adult and he is the one taking care of his mom. This is one of my all time favorite children's book and one my mom would read to us often. As I have grown up too, I have begun to appreciate it more than I did when I was little. This will always be one of my favorite books and one I will definitely share with my children when I am older. ( )
  cconsolian | Dec 2, 2018 |
This picture book is a very emotional picture book that describes how a child is loved and needs their mother growing up. As the son gets older, the mother ages as well. Soon the boy faces the reality that the mother is not in the best of state at her age. This book can be used to show appreciation of a mother or a guardian. Students can also make a timeline of how we all age. ( )
  KarenGarcia | Nov 27, 2018 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

This is a story about the strong bond between a mother and her son. We watch as the mother stays behind her son as he grows into a young boy, teenager, young man, and a father of his own. This is a great story about family and love.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:50 -0400)

As her son grows up from little boy to adult man, a mother secretly rocks him each night as he sleeps.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,325,786 books! | Top bar: Always visible