Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Devilish by Jo Beverley

Devilish

by Jo Beverley

I liked this book on its own, but after reading the others in the series I was slightly disappointed. I wish there was more Bey/Rothgar in it. I wanted to know more about him after reading the the other books, in fact I was dying to know more of him. Maybe I had too high of expectations of his story and that was hard to live up to. I still liked it though and it is worth the read. ( )
  Hollie1122 | Oct 5, 2014 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
I totally adored Rothgar - this one is my favourite of the series. ( )
  Kaetrin | Aug 13, 2012 |
I loved this book! Rothgar is a compelling, complex character who has suffered loss and desperately needs love. Diana, Countess of Arradale, is a woman after my own heart: fiercely independent, yet very much in need of love. Jo's story-telling gifts shine through in this beautiful love story. It is one of my favorites! I have re-read my copy so many times the cover is taped on. :) ( )
  ScarlettRains | Jul 30, 2011 |
I've gone through a spate of disappointing romances and so picked up an old favorite for a reread. It didn't disappoint. Devilish is the finale of the Malloren saga. Rothgar, so smooth, controlling and indeed, sinister and devilish, is the last in his family not married. He has sworn not to wed for fear of carrying his mother's insanity down to his children. His mother strangled his sister when she was a newborn and he witnessed it. Rarely are romance characters so well fleshed out. Rothgar has a legitimate psychological barrier to marrying and it would take and extraordinary woman to match him. Diana, Countess of Arradale, a peer in her own right, might not seem so extraordinary because she appears just like a modern woman. But instead of being a 21st century woman in corsets, she harkens more to the Virgin Queen, aware that she will have to sacrifice marriage in order to hold on to her possessions. So both have reasonable positions and both challenge each other.

I really enjoyed their romance and their fights and their joy in each other. You just want to spend more time with them, and it was lovely to see Rothgar finally happily settled. I also liked the Georgian feel, which is quite different to the regency setting and handled well. This is reread and a keeper for me, A+ ( )
  amf0001 | Aug 11, 2008 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0451199979, Mass Market Paperback)

Setting: Georgian London, 1763
Sensuality Rating: 7

In this continuation of the Malloren saga, Jo Beverley concocts a spicy recipe with two characters who have sworn never to marry. Diana Westmount, Countess of Arradale, refuses to take a meddling husband and lose control of her fortune, her lands, and her life. Bey Malloren, the Marquess of Rothgar, carries a terrible family secret, one that prevents him from ever producing an heir. Thrown together when the king demands Rothgar escort Diana to court, however, the explosive chemistry between them melts their resolve to remain uninvolved. Unable to resist temptation, Bey and Diana's passion threatens their freedom, their very sanity. Coupled with the intricate machinations of George III's court, Bey and Diana must protect each other from themselves and their burgeoning obsession. The New York Times bestselling author Jo Beverley creates a fascinating tale of vivid historical detail and stunning sensuality. Readers cannot help but feel the lovers' internal struggles between freedom and happiness. A sure-fire hit! --Alison Trinkle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:50 -0400)

Two of the strongest wills in England clash when Lord Rothgar is commanded by the king to escort the fiercely independent Diana Westmount, the countess of Arradale, to London. Though Rothgar has become a master of resisting temptation, Diana proves a challenge to his steely resolve.… (more)

Jo Beverley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,489,410 books! | Top bar: Always visible