The Secret History of the World: As Laid…

The Secret History of the World: As Laid Down by the Secret Societies (2008)

by Mark Booth

Seriously, what the hell was that?! I wanted to read something different, so while browsing the library the icon on the cover caught my eye. I got the book knowing very well what kind of information it would hold.

When I got home and as I was flipping around, I saw that the author has a section about my religion "Islam", so I read some of the paragraphs and let me tell you this, not only is his information not accurate, without study or resources, but he is a bad author! I know that most of his kind don't respect our belief, I didn't expect any to be truthful, but if someone is interested of the under structure of religions, politics and such, he would hold more respect and knowledge.

I stared reading the book to be honest in my review, and after reaching page 50 I had it with this man. He is unorganized, his thoughts are all over the place, he doesn't stick to the point, so many information are incorrect, and I know this for a fact, our house is filled with books and arguments about such topics. He raised good points but didn't fill anything, he kept promising to tell us about one thing or another in every page but rarely returns to his point.

If this is supposed to be nonfiction, realistic work the author should be ashamed of himself. I will speak for my section at the very least: do your damn research, and read our books, and our holy Quran not your own foreigners views of our belief or Wikipedia! You are a writer for God sake!

I might finish the book but right now I'm not very positive. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

I might finish the book but right now I'm not very positive. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Could only read about half of the book--in my opinion it suffers from a confusion of the planes and tries to explain material history as part of psychic and spiritual development of the world.
  ritaer | Nov 22, 2015 |
Wow. Speechless. ( )
  ozzieslim | Dec 28, 2014 |
It was kind of fun to see what this guy had to say, but I lost interest when he seemed to lack sources and leaned heavy on speculation and conspiracy.

That said, conspiracy can be a lot of fun...and so I think this would be great material for the background of novel.

That aside, there are so many books out there, I just didn't have time to spend with this book instead of others. ( )
  publiusdb | Aug 22, 2013 |
Intro:
This is the history of the world that has been taught down the ages in certain secret societies.
Once upon a time there was no time at all.

They say that history is written by the victors. But what if history - or what we have come to know as history - has all along been written by the wrong people? What if everything we've been told is only part of the story? What if it's often the wrongpart?
In this groundbreaking culmination of a lifetime's research, Mark Booth embarks on an enthralling and mind-opening journey through our world's secret histories. Starting from a dangerous premise - that everything we've been taught about our world's past  is corrupted, and that the stories put forward by the various cults and Mystery schools through history are true - Booth produces nothing short of an alternate account of the past three thousand years.
History is more than a list of things that have happened; it's a measure of consciousness and experience. And in The Secret History of the World, Boothe charges through time and space and thought in interdisciplinary fashion. Embracing cognitive science, religion, psychology, historiography, and philosophy, a new timeline is drawn, and a huge swath of our cultural heritage that has for long been hidden is restored.
From Greek and Egyptian mythology to Jewish folklore, from Christian cults to Freemasons, from Charlemagne to Don Quixote, from George Washington to Hitler - Booth shows without a doubt that there is more than one angle from which to view history, and he has three thousand years of hidden wisdom to back it up.

An intellectual tour of the world's lesser-known histories offers a collection of alternate views that are drawn from a premise that history has been recorded from the corrupted perspectives of its victors.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,792,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible