The Last Honest Woman by Nora Roberts

The Last Honest Woman

by Nora Roberts

Series: O'Hurley (1)

English (7)  Finnish (1)  All (8)
In between reading new books and releases, I try and go back to some older books I have missed by my favorite authors. I enjoyed The Last Honest Woman by Nora Roberts as listened via audio and the narrator Marie Caliendo was easy to listen to. As always Nora keeps you engaged.

Abigail is living on a farm raising her two sons the best way she can and holds on to her pride. She needs the money so signs a contract with a writer and journalist Dylan to write the story of her ex-husband (a famous race car driver who is deceased). The writer thinks she is this rich woman and cannot image why she is living on this farm doing manual labor and cleaning houses on the side and mucking stalls.

No one realizes but her family, she has no money and was left nothing. Along the way, the two learn lessons from one another! A light read with some chick lit and romance with second chances!
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
Straightforward romantic fiction doesn't usually translate well to audio, but I picked up the O'Hurley series as a bundle at Audible, because I wanted something light and undemanding to listen to. This first book in the series fit perfectly. It was moderately entertaining, the characters somewhat interesting, and it kept my mind occupied through six or so hours of chores. Exactly what I wanted. ( )
  PortM | Nov 30, 2013 |
Good not great. Fairly typical contemporary romance. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
Once in a while I like to read some of Nora Roberts older works and altough I know the story by heart, the feeling that I get once finished is the same than the first time that I've read it. I love the way that Roberts describes the families and their dynamics, the way that she creates the scenery, the ground for all her characters. I love the O'Hurleys and Abby deserves a special place in my heart. ( )
  Lost_Lenore | Feb 5, 2013 |
quick, entertaining, diverting ( )
  Glenajo | Aug 28, 2011 |

Roberts, NoraAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Caliendo, MarieReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Caliendo, MarieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Peralta de Andrés, AnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"For Terri, Kerri, and Sherri, who know what it's like to be one of three."
"It wasn't going to be an ordinary day."

The truth could not be told.

Abigail O'Hurley Rockwell was a desperate woman. Journalist Dylan Crosby was going to start digging up her past for the book he was writing about her infamous late husband. It was just research to him, but to her it was a painful reality that had to be kept under lock and key for the sake of her children. Abby would do anything to keep their world safe - no matter how complelling Dylan's promises might be....

What was she hiding? When Dylan Crosby came to grill Abigail O'Hurley Rockwell about her famous late husband, he expected cool white mink, icy diamonds. What he got was dusty dungarees and womanly warmth. Why would socialite Abby pretend to be a hardworking country mom? Worse, why did he believe her loving lies?

THE O'HURLEYS! Entrancing triplet sisters with three compelling stories to tell.

The O'Hurley triplets and their mysterious older brother had a unique family upbringing which has led to four extraordinary lives. Abby O'Hurley shunned publicity. But how could she keep biographer Dylan Crosbie from uncovering her darkest secrets?

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,444,382 books! | Top bar: Always visible