Manhunting by Jennifer Crusie

Manhunting

by Jennifer Crusie

1,1963310,240 (3.76)22
Recently added byU.S._Embassy_Vienna, private library, CindyBooks, rena75

English (31)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (32)
So funny definitely a re-read ( )
  cupcakeclark | Apr 11, 2019 |
Kate is a successful business management consultant who feels trapped in her job and life. She wants to get married, but how would she meet a man? Jake thinks he has it made, working in outdoors management at his brother's rural resort, but his life is going nowhere. Everyone says he needs a plan, but he just doesn't want to hear it. They couldn't be more different, but who says opposites can't attract?

Thus is the premise of Jennifer Crusie's first novel, Manhunting. While it is predictable and a bit eye-roll inducing, it still bears the humorous mark that characterizes her later work. The dialogue is witty, the characters fun, and the near death experiences worthy of giggles. The book is fluff, but of the best kind. A fun, quick read to take your mind off of things. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
One of the things that really turns me off in a romance is characters who act out in unrealistic and outrageous ways. In this novel, the female lead expresses her disinterest in a couple of suitors by actually assaulting them, and it's played for laughs. I didn't find that funny. I've enjoyed the other books I've read by this author, but this one was a miss. ( )
  gailo | Jun 6, 2018 |
I love Jennifer Crusie, so any book by her is automatically on my read list. This was not my favorite of hers just because "Bet Me" will always hold that place in my heart.

This story was about Kate and Jake. Kate is a type A hard-working career woman who has had 3 engagements in the past 3 years. None of them were successful and so she decides to go on vacation to Kentucky and put in place her "plan" to find a man.

Jake used to live life in the fast lane, but he got burned. Now, he lives the easy life on the resort he co-owns with his brother and is not in the mood for another woman like his ex-wife.

Two such different people don't seem meant to be, but they find friendship on the lake and that is the premise of this story.
I enjoyed the humor and the romance. My only complaint is I wish it was longer. ( )
  dingesa27 | Dec 6, 2016 |
This was a cute story, but I never believed in the HEA. The obstacles didn't seem to be addressed at the end in a way that I thought would make a relationship (let alone a marriage) last. I was also irritated that Will (the brother) was constantly taking reservations and working the front desk of the hotel. We are told that he built the resort to give the people in the town jobs, and yet he has no front desk staff? ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |

Jennifer Crusieprimary authorall editionscalculated
Raudman, RenéeReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Planning on jumping? I wouldn't. Blood's hell to get out of silk."

Objective: Find Man. Must Be Rich, Handsome, and Successful.

Kate Svenson is attractive, successful, a brilliant businesswoman — and miserable. After three failed engagements, she realizes it's time for a PLAN...an organized, detailed agenda with a clear goal: finding Mr. Right.

The Cabins resort is ripe with eligible bachelors, all rich, distinguished, and ambitious — just her type. And they're dropping like flies around her...at least, that's how Jake Templeton views the situation. After he's stuck pulling her latest reject out of the swimming pool, Jake's convinced this femme fatale is trouble. Especially for him.

But can a man who's sworn off ambition for good and a woman hanging from the top of the corporate ladder find common ground in the unpredictable territory called the heart, where the word proposal takes on a very different meaning...?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373772904, Mass Market Paperback)

objective: Find a Rich, Handsome and Successful Man

Kate Svenson may be a dynamite businesswoman—but after three failed engagements, she's decided she's hopeless at romance. What she needs is a Business Plan to help her find Mr. Right.

The Cabins resort is ripe with eligible bachelors, all rich and ambitious—just her type. But they're dropping like flies, and after fishing Kate's latest reject out of the swimming pool Jake Templeton is convinced that Kate is nothing but trouble. Especially for him.

A man who's sworn off ambition and a woman hanging from the top of the corporate ladder don't have much in common. But in that unpredictable territory known as the heart, anything can happen….

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:51 -0400)

After three failed engagements, Kate Svenson plans to find the man of her dreams by snaring an eligible bachelor at The Cabins resort, but as her would-be swains begin to drop around her, Jake Templeton decides to save the world of men from this femme fatale.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,633,870 books! | Top bar: Always visible