Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Star Wars Trilogy by George Lucas

Star Wars. ( )
  oswallt | Nov 25, 2016 |
I'll probably have a longer review later but honestly there isn't much to write about here.

Have you seen episodes 4-6 of Star Wars? Well then you have also read these books. They are everything that was on the screen just written down. Only somehow boring and dry.

There is no life to the stories here, it is written like someone watched each movie and transcribed what he or she saw. There is no extra insight into the characters or their motivation or any extra descriptive flourishes to bring it to life in an entertaining way.

Plus there is no warning as you move between each viewpoint. You are with Luke and then suddenly Leia and the Han, etc. it's really off putting.

These books are not for everyone but they are sort of interesting.

Sarah_Buckley | Sep 17, 2016 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  Lunapilot | Jul 19, 2016 |
Coming from a person who has not seen the movies, I was a little disappointed in the first book for one main reason: it's written assuming you have seen the movie. I say this because there is not a lot of description to anything in this book. There is a lot of dialogue, and even would say a lot of internal dialogue, but as I'm reading the book I can not imagine what anything looks like.
The story is interesting, and I will read the other two books in the trilogy.

Update 11/18
If you have seen the movies these books are probably a great addition to the movies, but stand alone with not a lot of knowledge of the movies, these books do not do a great job of describing anything. They probably do a great job going along with the movie (as they were written after the screenpaly was written by George Lucas), but while reading the first book I couldn't picture anything. They didn't describe any of the people, or animals or places very well. A lot of dialogue and thoughts characters had.
The second book did a little better, but was still hard to imagine anything.
The third book did a much better job at describing scenes, people, places, etc.
I would still recommend these to anyone who hasn't seen the movies. I'm going to see the movies this weekend (and will update on whether those who have seen the movies should read the books) ( )
  MinDea | Nov 9, 2015 |
These are the novelizations of the original Star Wars movies, based on the screenplays (although I think they are based on the original screenplays, since there are some added things that didn't make it to the films). I know Star Wars backwards and forwards, so I knew everything that was going to happen, and I could recite the dialogue from memory as I was reading it on the page. It was cool, though, to read the extra bits of what each character was thinking, which didn't always transfer to the movies. The writing left a lot to be desired, though, especially the scenes between Han and Leia (I guess the authors copied George Lucas's atrocious "romantic" dialogue style...). I'm giving this book a higher rating than I would normally, simply because I love Star Wars. Still, a fun read, and the book cover and front/back inside cover paintings are really cool. ( )
  kaylaraeintheway | May 22, 2015 |

Lucas, Georgeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Foster, Alan DeanUncredited authormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Glut, Donald F.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Kahn, Jamesmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This work should be the novelisation of the three original movies.

If your copy of the movies on DVD/Video appears in this work please add DVD or VHS or similar designator to your editions title so that it can be split and recombined correctly.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345384385, Mass Market Paperback)

Luke Skywalker dreamed of advantues out among the stars and alien worlds. But when he intercepted a message from a beautiful captive princess, he got more than he had bargained for--and that was how the adventure of his life began....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:16 -0400)

"Twenty-five years after the phenomenon was born, Star Wars remains one of the greatest fantasy sagas ever told. Now, for the first time, here is the original, complete Star Wars trilogy in a special 25th anniversary collector's edition hard-cover - featuring the novels of all three classic films - Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Read these stories and rediscover the wonder of the epic that begins: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...." "Luke Skywalker lived and worked on his uncle's farm on the remote planet of Tatooine. But he yearned for adventures out among the stars - exotic travels that would take him beyond the farthest reaches of the universe to distant, alien worlds. But when Luke intercepted a cryptic message from a beautiful, captive Princess, he would be catapulted into the adventure of a lifetime." "Luke Skywalker, the proud Princess Leia, and headstrong Han Solo...merciless Darth Vader, wise Obi-Wan Kenobi, loyal droids R2-D2 and C-3PO, and the inscrutable...Chewbacca the Wookiee, shifty Lando Calrissian, and the vile Jabba the Hutt - all the vivid characters from the Star Wars universe spring to life in these thrilling pages."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,494,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible