She Went All the Way by Meg Cabot

She Went All the Way

by Meg Cabot

This is a light contemporary romance novel featuring Louise ("Lou") Calabrese, an award-winning screenwriter; and Jack Townshend, an A-list actor who stars in a movie franchise that Lou writes. On a trip to a shoot in Alaska, the helicopter they are traveling in goes down, and the two of them find themselves having to navigate blizzard conditions and assassins with nothing but movie-lore and a bit of luck to survive. Incredulous; but fun... The perfect kind of escapist novel. ( )
  Tanya-dogearedcopy | Jan 30, 2017 |
Success hasn't spoiled screenwriter Lou Calabrese—it's just given her a taste for luxury. And it's put her in some bizarre situations—like in a helicopter en route to the wilds of Alaska, sharing too-close quarters with the last man she wants to be with: Jack Townsend! Once a sexy nobody whom Lou helped make a somebody, Jack's just been dumped by a high-profile Hollywood airhead—who's eloped with Lou's longtime love! So what else could go wrong?

Well...

Their pilot could try to shoot the most adored man in America. They could crash land in the icy, mountainous middle of nowhere. And at the worst possible moment, when survival should be their only consideration, Jack could start wondering if maybe he wasn't a wee bit too hasty for not giving this sexy screenwriter a second look—while Lou could start noticing how superstar Jack is kind of hot after all ...
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
A fast moving romp that stayed light despite "suspense" that someone was out to get the hero. Take away some celebrity/movie/hollywood moments and just a contemporary romance—but I enjoyed and read in one sitting. ( )
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
I've got a confession to make. This is the first time I've sat down and read a Meg Cabot novel. I've got nearly all of her books. I've bought them, been excited to read them and then another author or book has come along and distracted me.

But don't worry, this happens to me a lot. I have a to read list that is close to reaching in the thousands. Still, this morning I was skipping through my kindle, I came across She Went All the Way, and thought, why the hell not?

Right from the first, I loved the sound of this novel. Screenwriter Louise Calabrese (and that's Calabrezou not Cala-breeze) and actor Jack Townsend find themselves thrust into the Alaskan Wilderness, when the Helicopter they're in, crashes in the middle of nowhere. In between the midst of gunfire and their mutual animosity, they have to find a way to outwit the bad guys and avoid killing each other.

She Went All the Way doesn't disappoint if you are looking for a light-hearted read that's action-packed. I'm not going to deny, halfway though the novel I knew who the bad guys were and who was behind the plot to kill Jack Townsend. It's pretty obvious, but this doesn't stop the novel from being amusing. The two main characters - Jack and Louise think they're polar opposites of each other. She's the bookworm who watched movies religiously and grew up surrounded by cops. She's had one serious relationship, which ended when her boyfriend of ten years is catapulted into stardom by a vehicle she wrote. He dumps her after to falling for the lead actress.
Whereas Jack is Mr Love em and Leave em -whose ex-girlfriends include Louise's friend, Vicki. He's a Hollywood actor, who does his own stunts and who, upstaged Louise in her first film vehicle by replacing her catch phrase with one of his own - making both the signature line and him very famous.

http://ninadangelo.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/book-review-meg-cabot-she-went-all-wa... ( )
  ninadangelo | May 12, 2013 |
quick easy read for older teen girls. some sexual content. handsome movie star and smart sassy writer get trapped in Alaska in the middle of a snowstorm after their helicopter goes down. oh, and someone's trying to kill them. and because it's a meg cabot book they full hopelessly in love. ( )
  RegionalRRockstars | Apr 29, 2013 |

There are a few places screenwriter Lou Calabrese would rather be than crammed into a helicopter with Jack Townsend, star of her claim to fame, Copkiller, and whose ex just ran off with Lou's ex. Talk about uncomfortable. But when, halfway out to the isolated arctic location where Copkiller IV is currently shooting, their pilot turns murderous and their helicopter crashes, Lou realizes her day has just gotten a lot worse.

Now, while family and friends back home fret over her disappearance, Lou is on the run in the arctic wilderness with America's sweetheart Jack Townsend and only the contents of her purse, his pockets, and their mutual knowledge of survival movie trivia to keep them alive. Can these two children of Hollywood put aside their differences and make it back home without killing each other? Or much, much worse, actually start to like one another?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:43 -0400)

Success hasn't spoiled screenwriter Lou Calabrese - it's just given her a taste of luxury. And it's put her in some bizarre situations - like in a helicopter en route to the wilds of Alaska, sharing too-close quarters with the last man she wants to be with: Jack Townsend! Once a sexy nobody whom Lou helped make a somebody, Jack's just been dumped by a high-profile Hollywood airhead - who's eloped with Lou's longtime love! So what else could go wrong?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,068,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible