Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Sunset by Karen Kingsbury
Recently added byprivate library, sarglib, owllearnacademy, DeborahSHamilton, CHERHS, Kaylin_Rayne, Dalan43

Sunset, Sunrise Series #4 by Karen Kingsbury
John Baxter has to sell the family home before he remarries.
Other members of the family rely on their faith to get them through their lives.
The Christmas play is underway and many in the family have gone through the trials in hopes to be selected.
The story also follows Cody who is in the Afghanistan area fighting in the war and he ask for God's help also.
Many births, weddings, deaths and everyday life experiences.
Scriptures are quoted throughout the book.
Spiritual and devotional: great combination. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jan 17, 2013 |
Pretty awesome ending for these three series. The saga continues, however .for Bailey, Cody and Tim in the Take One etc. series, The other reviewers pretty much echoed my feelings on this book. ( )
  eliorajoy | Jun 7, 2010 |
All good things must come to an end and it's time to finally bring to a close the Baxter Family Drama series. It's interesting enough that the word drama is used because that's pretty much has been happening throughout the series. It seems that anything and everything that could happen to the family does happen to them. It's quite a roller coaster ride with lots of dips, turns and loops from the first book all the way to this last one. In this book, we finally see the Baxters bring everything to a close. John has decided he wants to finally move on with his life and this includes a life with Elaine. Ashley has to deal with fears of another pregnancy. Luke and his wife must come to terms with their relationship. The family comes together to help out each other in times of need.

While I enjoyed the book, there just seems to be a little too much soap opera action for me. Affairs are discussed, marriages take place, pregnancies are happening, past relationships get brought up. Like I said, there's a lot of drama that happens to this family. It felt like all stories had to have happy and tidy ending but not without tear inducing moments. Now I myself never felt compelled to cry at all but I can see how some of these scenarios can force a few misty eyes while reading. I did feel though that everyone going into labor at the same time felt too coincidental to me.

Overall it's a satisfying read if you've been following the family since the original series. Everything you want to happen happens, and everyone is together again for the finale However don't fear that you'll never hear from the Baxters again. Kingsbury has already released another series, The Above the Line series, where the Baxters can be seen in the background. It's like a spin off of your favorite show with cameos from the characters. The Baxters will forever live on. ( )
  mrsjason | Oct 26, 2009 |
This is the final chapter in the sunrise series of the Baxter family. I loved the ending!! Good job Karen Kingsbury. John Baxter finally marries Elaine and must sell his house, which holds so many memories. Then Katy and Dayne are having a child, and so are Ashley and Landon! I also liked the way Bailey Flanigan has grown up and the guy she will someday, I know, end up with. What I like most about these books is the way the Lord is seen at work in all the details of these people. It is all about His redemptive work! ( )
  judyg54 | May 13, 2009 |
The Baxter family saga concludes with this fourth book of the Sunrise Series although the author promises to use them as background characters in future novels. This is a stand-alone novel, but if the reader has kept up through the Redemption Series and then the Firstborn Series, this book brings back all of the characters and ties up all loose ends in a satisfying conclusion. There's a good bit of repeating, but perhaps this comes with the fourteenth book in a series.

Kingsbury has a way of telling a good story while allowing her readers to know the people who live in her books. Though varied personalities, they all are believable. Children's voices are especially well written such that I can see his head nod as he explains about dinosaurs or hear her plaintive wail when she wants her pacifier.

Warning: read it with tissues close at hand. Any Kingsbury fan will love this one. Discussion questions are included. ( )
  smilingsally | Nov 9, 2008 |

2009 Retailer's Choice Award winner!As John Baxter makes plans to marry Elaine, one of the Baxters enters into the most trying season of all. During a time of renewed love and hope for the future, the Baxters try to come together to establish the sacred ground of marriage and to chart a course for the future. Memories of times gone by meet with the changes of today in a story that proves only the support of faith and family can take a person into the sunset years of life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:23 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,493,501 books! | Top bar: Always visible