Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos

Love Walked In

by Marisa de los Santos

Series: Cornelia Brown (1)

Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: Though "Belong To Me" is a stand-alone book, "Love Walked In" is actually came first and has some of the same characters.
    The Stepmother by Carrie Adams (jhedlund)
    The Godmother by Carrie Adams (jhedlund)

The writing in Love Walked In is so beautiful that you almost forget there is a story in there. You just want to keep reading the words. Being a long time Cary Grant fan I was initially drawn in by Cornelia meeting a dreamy man who looked exactly like Cary Grant and seemed just as suave. But the story is so much more than that. It’s about friends and family, both the good and the bad. And about neglect, whether it’s intention or benign. And how things – and people – are not always what you think they are and wish they would be. And how sometimes they are more than you would ever have expected. The bottom line is that this is a spellbinding love story that you will become completely immersed in. Not just romantic love but all kinds of love, and all kinds of characters you can’t get enough of. Love Walked In is full of beautiful phrases and movie references and humor and is a great read that I highly recommend. ( )
  GrandmaCootie | Mar 5, 2019 |
Often when I read these types of books I find myself wishing there was a rom-com movie version I could watch instead, but I wouldn't experience this story any other way. The writing is wonderful and fun, love the characters, love the story. ( )
  AngelClaw | Jan 29, 2019 |
Beautiful writing. Not just chick lit. Though, I don't mean chick lit as an insult. It's fun too. This book could just sound like a light story but it's bigger than it appears.

I loved the author's way with words.
I found the dialogue of the characters to be very beautifully written. The characters all sounded very intelligent, but relatable.

I loved the character Cornelia, what a great person.
And Clare was such a sweet little girl.

I wasn't in love with the ending, but who am I to say it should have ended differently?
I'll definitely pick up the next book in the series and see what comes next.

1 vote Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
I loved this book. It is funny, touching, heartbreaking, and hopeful. ( )
1 vote heatherdhahn | Feb 5, 2018 |
Loved it! ( )
  SallyCrosiar | Nov 14, 2017 |

Santos, Marisa de losprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cuervo, AlmaNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ikeda, JenniferNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lorschy, KatalinTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
My life- my real life- started when a man walked into it, a handsome stranger in a perfectly cut suit, and, yes, I know how that sounds.

When Martin Grace enters the hip Philadelphia coffee shop Cornelia Brown manages, her life changes forever. But little does she know that her newfound love is only the harbinger of greater changes to come. Meanwhile, across town, Clare Hobbs—eleven years old and abandoned by her erratic mother—goes looking for her lost father. She crosses paths with Cornelia while meeting with him at the café, and the two women form an improbable friendship that carries them through the unpredictable currents of love and life.

Love Walked In, the first novel by award-winning poet Marisa de los Santos, is bursting with keen insight and beautifully rendered prose. Invoking classic movies to illuminate the mystery and wonder of love in all its permutations, Love Walked In is an uplifting debut that marks the entrance of an enchanting literary voice.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:30 -0400)

Thirty-one-year-old Cornelia Brown adores classic romantic films. Anything starring Jimmy Stewart or Cary Grant will do nicely, especially The Philadelphia Story. Unapologetically idealistic about love, Cornelia appears to catch the break of a lifetime when the dashing Martin Grace, her own personal Cary Grant, comes strolling into her life. But Cornelia's life truly changes one snowy day when she looks up to find troubled 11-year-old Clare Hobbes standing before her.… (more)

Marisa de los Santos is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,101,477 books! | Top bar: Always visible