Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos

Love Walked In (edition 2006)

by Marisa de los Santos

Member:alynnk
Title:Love Walked In
Authors:Marisa de los Santos
Info:Plume (2006), Paperback, 320 pages
Tags:@read: own, May, 2008

Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos

The Stepmother by Carrie Adams (jhedlund)
    The Godmother by Carrie Adams (jhedlund)
    Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: Though "Belong To Me" is a stand-alone book, "Love Walked In" is actually came first and has some of the same characters.

I almost didn't finish this but was glad I persevered as it was one of the loveliest books I have read. ( )
  SaschaD | Apr 28, 2016 |
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
Narrated by Alma Cuervo and Jennifer Ikeda. Aughhhhh! Cornelia does way too much navel-gazing and is the most annoying character ever. Jennifer Ikeda voiced Cornelia's parts and very effectively made me gag at Cornelia's most aggravating "you know what I mean?" observations. I only hung with the torture to see what becomes of Clare's bipolar mother, and by then, just finished the damn thing. Plus you can hear Alma Cuervo's tongue unstick whenever she takes a breath. I had to adjust the treble to make it less obvious! ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
ILL
  AmieB7 | Jan 21, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this novel and read the sequel, but it's not so well done that Id give it a five. I read it as a lighter read. ( )
  Karin7 | Jan 20, 2016 |
My life- my real life- started when a man walked into it, a handsome stranger in a perfectly cut suit, and, yes, I know how that sounds.

When Martin Grace enters the hip Philadelphia coffee shop Cornelia Brown manages, her life changes forever. But little does she know that her newfound love is only the harbinger of greater changes to come. Meanwhile, across town, Clare Hobbs—eleven years old and abandoned by her erratic mother—goes looking for her lost father. She crosses paths with Cornelia while meeting with him at the café, and the two women form an improbable friendship that carries them through the unpredictable currents of love and life.

Love Walked In, the first novel by award-winning poet Marisa de los Santos, is bursting with keen insight and beautifully rendered prose. Invoking classic movies to illuminate the mystery and wonder of love in all its permutations, Love Walked In is an uplifting debut that marks the entrance of an enchanting literary voice.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:30 -0400)

Thirty-one-year-old Cornelia Brown adores classic romantic films. Anything starring Jimmy Stewart or Cary Grant will do nicely, especially The Philadelphia Story. Unapologetically idealistic about love, Cornelia appears to catch the break of a lifetime when the dashing Martin Grace, her own personal Cary Grant, comes strolling into her life. But Cornelia's life truly changes one snowy day when she looks up to find troubled 11-year-old Clare Hobbes standing before her.… (more)

Marisa de los Santos is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,554,413 books! | Top bar: Always visible