The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky

The Secret Between Us

by Barbara Delinsky

Recently added byrena75, SWade0126

This was just an okay book for me. It started out strong and then somewhere in the middle I was just over it. Although I would like to think that in the real world a teenager would really act as Grace did and end up making the decisions she did it just wasn't very believable to me. I kept thinking of my own and of their friends and how they would have behaved and I'm just thinking ummm probably not. ( )
  justablondemoment | Jun 1, 2018 |
I listened to this book in my car. I was intrigued as to how it would end and am guessing there may be a sequel. ( )
  NanaDebs | Jan 9, 2017 |
won this book from listia.com over a week ago and it came from NJ. ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 1, 2016 |
Interesting book regarding family relationships and consequences. ( )
  soosthemoose | May 6, 2015 |
As Deborah Monroe and her teenage daughter, Grace, are driving home from a party that Grace attended; the unthinkable happens. Their car is in an accident; striking a man who is running in the dark. Although sixteen-year-old Grace was the one at the wheel, Deborah sends her daughter home before the police arrive, determined to shoulder the blame for the accident herself.

Deborah's rash decision, made in an attempt to protect Grace, quickly takes on a life of its own. Her decision soon morphs into a deception, one that ultimately threatens the special bond between mother and daughter. In The Secret Between Us, Barbara Delinsky explores the limits of personal responsibility - responsibility of a mother to a daughter, of a daughter to a father, and of a husband to a wife.

Once again, Ms. Delinsky has delivered a riveting, superbly crafted family story. This book was absolutely great. I find that Ms. Delinsky is wonderful at creating nuanced family relationships and dramatic plots. I do like reading books that deal with secrets and deceptions, and how such things can detrimentally affect the family dynamics. I give The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky an A+! ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Feb 10, 2015 |
To Ruby, with sparkle and love
They were arguing in the seconds before impact.

Nothing will break this mother-daughter bond. Not even the truth. Deborah Monroe and her daughter, Grace, are driving home from a party when their car hits a man running in the dark. Grace was at the wheel, but Deborah sends her home before the police arrive, determined to shoulder the blame for the accident. Her decision then turns into a deception that takes on a life of its own and threatens the special bond between mother and daughter. The Secret Between Us is an unforgettable story about making bad choices for the right reasons and the terrible consequences of a lie gone wrong.

Nothing will break this mother-daughter bond. Not even the truth.

The Secret Between Us is an unforgettable story about making bad choices for the right reasons and the terrible consequences of a lie gone wrong. Once again, Barbara Delinksy has delivered a riveting study of family and a superbly crafted novel, perfectly targeted to reading groups and fans of provocative fiction.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:19 -0400)

Deborah Monroe and her daughter, Grace, are driving home from a party when their car hits a man running in the dark. Grace was at the wheel, but Deborah sends her home before the police arrive, determined to shoulder the blame for the accident. Her decision then turns into a deception that takes on a life of its own and threatens the special bond between mother and daughter.--From publisher description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,658,924 books! | Top bar: Always visible