Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

A Caress of Twilight (Meredith Gentry, Book…

A Caress of Twilight (Meredith Gentry, Book 2) (edition 2003)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Member:HMegargee
Title:A Caress of Twilight (Meredith Gentry, Book 2)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Fawcett (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Fiction, Paranormal, Fairies, Meredith Gentry

A Caress of Twilight by Laurell K. Hamilton

Great erotic urban fantasy. ( )
  bit-of-a-list-tiger | May 17, 2019 |
As with the previous book in this series, I ended up reading it in just over a day.

http://allbookedup-elena.blogspot.ca/2018/01/a-caress-of-twilight-laurell-k-hami... ( )
  ElenaGwynne | Jan 15, 2018 |

A great mix of plot (hey, it's enough for me) and sexy fae sex. Rawr. ( )
  ElleyOtter | Nov 28, 2017 |
Ed eccoci con la seconda 'tappa' di questa bellissima Saga che è frutto delle fatiche della fantastica Hamilton. Che dire? Questo libro è nettamente superiore al precendente e Merry, a differenza di Anita, fa subito capire quali sono le sue priorità e a cosa è disposta a rischiare per riuscire ad otterene il suo scopo. Il trono e far fuori suo cugino, mandate della maggior parte degli attentati che ha subito fin da bambina. La Regina sembra della sua parte ma a lei è ben chiara una cosa ''Dovrà giocarsi il tutto per tutto per ottenere il trono, anche mettere in gioco il suo corpo di donna''. Finalmente veniamo a sapere qualcosa di più sulla corte Seelie e sulle 'preferenze' di Merry fra le sue guardie del corpo. Inutile che l'erotismo fa nuovamente da padrone in questo libro... sicuramente da non perdere! ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
A colorized taxonomy of the male fairies who regularly sleep with the heroine, mostly. There is a very thin story line that barely holds this together but it seems to be all about the sex, and of course the varying color schemes of the characters. ( )
1 vote turtlesleap | Dec 10, 2016 |

Laurell K. Hamiltonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Moonlight silvered the room, painting the bed in a hundred shades of grey, white, and black.
'I have spent time at both courts, Mother. There is not a great deal to choose between the two.'

'How can you say that to me, Meredith? I have done my time at the dark court, and I know how hideous it is.'

'I have spent my time in the shining court, and I know that my blood is just as red on shining gold-laced marble as it is on black.'

She frowned, looked confused. 'I don't know what you mean.'

'If Gran had not interceded for me, would you really have let Taranis beat me to death? Beat your own daughter to death in front of your eyes?' (chapter 32)
[Merry to Hedwick]
'It was agreed that my title in the Unseelie Court supersedes my Seelie title. Now that I am heir to the Unseelie throne I can no longer acknowledge my uncle as high king. For me to acknowledge the title might imply that he's also high king of the Unseelie, and that is not true.' (chapter 26)

As Princess Meredith will inherit the throne, the men of her royal guard desire to be the future king -- and father of her child. Back-stabbing makes it difficult for Meredith to pursue her living as a private investigator in Los Angeles. The princess must fend off ancient evil that destroys the very fabric of reality.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345478169, Paperback)

Faerie princess and private detective Meredith Gentry juggles love, sex, intrigue, magic, and more in this witty and sensual novel from Laurell K. Hamilton. Merry has her hands full: she's desperate to conceive a child and thereby claim the Unseelie throne; she's the target of intrigue from both the Seelie and Unseelie Courts; her newest client is an exiled goddess with a secret that could get them all killed; and a hideous fey force that alarms even her formidable lover-warriors is loose in Los Angeles.

A Caress of Twilight is infused with Hamilton's characteristic appealing blend of sex, magic, wit, and romantic dilemma. The mystery takes a back seat to the concerns of Faerie power and politics, making the book less balanced, but Merry's growth in leadership and power, along with a bang-up ending, won't leave fans disappointed. Readers new to Hamilton might be advised to start with A Kiss of Shadows or the extremely popular Anita Blake series. --Roz Genessee

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:54 -0400)

A faerie princess posing as a human detective tries to outwit a killer sent by her rival for the throne of an exotic kingdom while an unexpected proposition from the faerie king puts her life in further danger.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,471,558 books! | Top bar: Always visible