Trust Me on This by Jennifer Crusie

Trust Me on This

by Jennifer Crusie

English (13)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (14)
Cute idea but I just didn’t love this one. I tend to find this author’s books just light and fun but this seemed different from her newer books. I can’t put my finger on why, maybe just because her writing style is more fun now.

This story has a bit of mistaken identity added to the rom-com. Dennie is a reporter and she’s trying to interview someone who will not grant an interview. Alec is works for Harry and he is trying to take down someone guilty of selling property to the rich and clueless and taking advantage of them. The con man has a partner and Dennie fits her description. When Alec gets invited to a party with his aunt Victoria, he knows it’s a good time to catch the con man.

So, Dennie is trying to use Alec to get to his aunt, in order to get the interview with her friend.
And Alec is trying to use Dennie to get to the con man.
But they both actually like the other and feel bad about the situation.

I bought this book entirely because I’ve liked a couple other books by this author. The reviews did all mention that it’s totally different than the other book. That didn’t talk me out of reading it, and it only cost $2 on IBooks. I’m not sorry I read it, it just isn’t going to be a new favorite by the author. ( )
  Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. It's a cute, light romance. A quick, fun read. ( )
  KristinaSimon | Nov 24, 2018 |
Freebie on kindle. Worth the price I paid, if only for the memory of how my big, hulking brother liked this romance author.
  bookczuk | Oct 3, 2016 |
Meh. The characters were a little too broadly drawn, with a major eye for comedy over substance. Found myself skimming the last 1/3 ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
*Audiobook* A fun little whirlwind of a read. (Good narriator!) ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |

Crusie, Jenniferprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Ruth Flinn Smith,
sweet, smart, funny, kind, loyal, and loving,
my sister-in-law who became my sister,
and the best present my brother ever gave me.
Chapter 1
Four Fabulous Days!
Three Glorious Nights!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553593382, Mass Market Paperback)

Jennifer Crusie believes there is a difference between male and female humor: male humor is slapstick and often pokes fun at people (like Three Stooges); female humor is derived from the relationship of things or people to one another, such as in a Seinfeld episode on television. A case of mistaken identities is the perfect soil for Crusie's "female" humor in Trust Me on This. Dennie Banks is a serious reporter, hot on a story, not a con man's moll. Alec Prentice is a clever, undercover agent, not a dumb male chauvinist hunk. Dennie and Alec can't quite read each other because they have ulterior motives. Thank goodness their hormones keep getting in the way. Eventually they are going to get to know each other, whether they want to or not.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:36 -0400)

Dennie Banks is an investigative reporter chasing down the biggest story of her career. Alec Prentice is a government agent working undercover to catch an elusive grifter. When they meet by accident, it's a case of mistaken identities at first sight. What they don't mistake is the instant attaction they have for each other, an attraction they'll do everything in their power to resist--because Dennie thinks that Alec is running interference for her interview subject, and Alec suspects that Dennie is linked to his swindler. As the confusion grows, so do their feelings for each other, and what begins as a romantic comedy of errors may just end in the love affair of a lifetime.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,569,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible