Trust Me on This by Jennifer Crusie

Trust Me on This (edition 2010)

by Jennifer Crusie

Info:Bantam (2010), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*1/2
Tags:audiobook

Trust Me on This by Jennifer Crusie

Recently added byMaryMeg, IamFluff, tankgurl1977, janersm, private library, kgrance, being_b, DayZee

Trust Me on This is a reissue for Crusie, but since I didn't get a chance to read it the first time around I was glad for the chance now. I've been a fan of Crusie since reading Welcome to Temptation, which has since become a favorite. I've found many of her most recent efforts--mostly collaborations with another author--disappointing, however. Trust Me on This is a return to classic Crusie. The author herself calls it a "screwball comedy" and it is, with misunderstandings gallore and a plethora of offbeat and eccentric characters to keep track of. It is a quick, fun, and satisfying read. The only loose end I felt remained at the end was why Janice Meredith went to the lengths she did; I'm sure if we could have seen her motivation it would have made more sense but really, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I really enjoyed this entertaining story and am glad for the opportunity to read it. ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 20, 2013 |
OKAY. You may have noticed that I have become slightly addicted to Jennifer Crusie’s books. The thing is, I generally really like her characters and plot and am slightly uncomfortable with the amount of, err, stuff that goes on. However, I did really like Trust Me on This. So I’d say, depending on your personality/comfort level, tread carefully. But she’s also a smart, fun read. ( )
  maureene87 | Apr 4, 2013 |
Funny,light reading. ( )
  crishbugarin | Mar 20, 2013 |
Mistaken identities and humorous situations abound in this light, fluffy comedy of errors/romance. Reporter Dennie Banks is hunting the interview that will finally make her career. Government agent Alec Prentice is undercover after a con artist. Con artist Brian Bonds has just found the perfect marks. Sherri, his girl friend, is out for revenge. Victoria Prentice is finding life a bit boring, and she's depending on nephew Alec to provide some entertainment. And Harry? Harry just wants to get back to his criminal database... The flyer for the Popular Literature Conference promised four fabulous days and three glorious nights - it's a sure thing somebody's going to have a good time, and it might as well be you! Enjoy. ( )
  SunnySD | Jan 10, 2013 |
Dennie Banks is an investigative reporter chasing down the biggest story of her career. Alec Prentice is a government agent working undercover to catch an elusive grifter. When they meet by accident, it's a case of mistaken identities at first sight. What they don't mistake is the instant attraction they have for each other, an attraction they'll do everything in their power to resist--because Dennie thinks that Alec is running interference for her interview subject, and Alec suspects that Dennie is linked to his swindler. As the confusion grows, so do their feelings for each other, and what begins as a romantic comedy of errors may just end in the love affair of a lifetime. (Brilliance Audio Description).
This was a typical Jennifer Crusie madcap romance, full of her signature humor. It is a reprint of one of her earlier books and it was obvious, lacking some of the depth of her more current books. Still it was fun, entertaining and great to listen to. ( )
  lrobe190 | Mar 4, 2012 |

Crusie, Jenniferprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Ruth Flinn Smith,
sweet, smart, funny, kind, loyal, and loving,
my sister-in-law who became my sister,
and the best present my brother ever gave me.
Chapter 1
Four Fabulous Days!
Three Glorious Nights!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553593382, Mass Market Paperback)

Jennifer Crusie believes there is a difference between male and female humor: male humor is slapstick and often pokes fun at people (like Three Stooges); female humor is derived from the relationship of things or people to one another, such as in a Seinfeld episode on television. A case of mistaken identities is the perfect soil for Crusie's "female" humor in Trust Me on This. Dennie Banks is a serious reporter, hot on a story, not a con man's moll. Alec Prentice is a clever, undercover agent, not a dumb male chauvinist hunk. Dennie and Alec can't quite read each other because they have ulterior motives. Thank goodness their hormones keep getting in the way. Eventually they are going to get to know each other, whether they want to or not.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:01 -0400)

Dennie Banks is an investigative reporter chasing down the biggest story of her career. Alec Prentice is a government agent working undercover to catch an elusive grifter. When they meet by accident, it's a case of mistaken identities at first sight. What they don't mistake is the instant attaction they have for each other, an attraction they'll do everything in their power to resist--because Dennie thinks that Alec is running interference for her interview subject, and Alec suspects that Dennie is linked to his swindler. As the confusion grows, so do their feelings for each other, and what begins as a romantic comedy of errors may just end in the love affair of a lifetime.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,693,492 books! | Top bar: Always visible