Theodore by Frank Keating

Theodore

by Frank Keating

Other authors: Mike Wimmer (Illustrator)

This book describes the life of Theodore Roosevelt, one of the most accomplished president of all time. It goes into detail of his life at a young age to adulthood. In addition, it explains his health condition and how he overcame his health problems. Plus, it mentions his teenage and young adult life of exploring science and adventurous trips to various areas of the land in the US to countries. Also, at the end of the book concludes the great accomplishments he did as the 26th president of the US, notably being a progressive president of the US. Overall, I enjoy this basic biography of Theodore Roosevelt and it is good for all ages should a person want to learn about him and his great accomplishments. ( )
  jhcao20 | Apr 26, 2016 |
"Theodore" by Frank Keating is a excellent story book about the life of our late president Theodore Roosevelt. The story is written at about a 2nd or 3rd grade reading level, but the actual story itself can be enjoyed by all ages. The beginning of the book starts off by telling the story of Theodore's life as a child, how he was a illness stricken boy since birth and spent most of his childhood inside reading books about his heroes. The book then takes a turn and tells the reader about Theodore's life as a teen and in his 20's, how he traveled and observed animals that he loved. The book then closes in his years as a adult and the great accomplishments he gained through out his life. All in all, "Theodore" gives the basic out line of Roosevelt's life that readers of all ages can enjoy. ( )
  twalsh | Jan 17, 2016 |
Audience: 3-5th grade
This is a book about President Theodore Roosevelt. It describes how he overcame poor health and bad eyesight to become mentally and physically strong and accomplish great things during his lifetime. This is a very inspiring book! It also uses real quotes from his life. I will read this to my 3-5 th graders while learning about presidents in Social Studies. ( )
  ShantiR | Mar 13, 2014 |
This book is a brief sketch on the life of President Theodore Roosevelt spanning from birth through his presidency. I would use this as a hook for a lesson on the Spanish American War, though it doesn’t really give any detail on the war. It could be used as an introduction to Roosevelt who figures heavily in the war and afterwards. The illustrations were detailed and colorful and the writing was unsophisticated. Which is why, coupled with its brief overview of the man, I believe this book would be most appropriate for elementary students. ( )
  Areamatha | Feb 3, 2013 |
"Theodore" is a book about the life of former President Theodore Roosevelt. It explains how Theodore Roosevelt was not only a great president, but also a wonderful father.

I chose this book because I noticed it was written by Oklahoma's former Governor Frank Keating. It was a very well written account of the life of Theodore Roosevelt.

I would use this book after teaching a unit on former Presidents. I would want my class to learn more about the personal life of Theodore Roosevelt, since he was able to overcome health issues in order to become a very important man in our nation's history. I would like my students to learn that you can effectively have an important job and still maintain a great family life. ( )
  mrs.mackey | Nov 22, 2008 |

Frank Keatingprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wimmer, MikeIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

His name was Theodore, but he is remembered as Teddy. As a young boy, he was a dreamer and a reader and had a curiosity about life he could never satisfy. As the youngest man to ever be president, he led a nation to greatness and he made every day count.

Frank Keating's telling of incidents in Roosevelt's rich and varied life reminds readers how one person can make a difference. Mike Wimmer's exuberant paintings make Roosevelt come to life a century after his presidency.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:13 -0400)

A simple biography, with emphasis on his childhood, of the twenty-sixth president of the United States.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,001,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible