More About Paddington by Michael Bond

More About Paddington (1959)

by Michael Bond

Series: Paddington (2)

As much of a delight as the first Paddington book. ( )
  valzi | Sep 7, 2016 |
“I’m a patriotic man, said Mr Brown, but I draw the line at bears playing the national anthem at 6 am. Especially on the xylophone.”

Paddington continues to be “up to something”. Our troublemaker from Darkest Peru have all the best intentions, but something always goes wrong. Mr. Brown raises his voice, Mrs. Brown flees to Paddington’s defense.

Gentle and heartwarming humor, I just love Paddington with his childlike wonder and curiosity and more grown up pride and “hard stares”. Stephen Fry’s reading is impeccable. ( )
4 vote ctpress | Feb 6, 2016 |
This book has taught my son a lot of things, like about what Guy Fawkes Day is (information that he needed to understand a reference in the Simpsons episode we watched today (the Mary Poppins parody from season eight)) and that you can lose yourself in a room by wall-papering over the door and window (which also he saw in a Shaun the Sheep episode).

I've mostly given up trying to read the dialogue in accents, except for the words of Mrs. Bird, who sounds right with a Maine accent, even though I know it's unlikely she would have had one in real life (were she not fictional). ( )
  ImperfectCJ | Apr 7, 2015 |
More fun adventures of Paddington Bear. I especially liked the chapter where he decorates his room. Seriously - I feel like that sometimes when I'm doing some DIY. Some days nothing goes right. ( )
  tjsjohanna | May 29, 2009 |
Living with the Brown family in London, Paddington has a talent for getting into trouble. His intentions are always the best, but he is seldom far from disaster. While his independent spirit and curious nature often get him into sticky situations, Paddington is always loved for the cheer he brings.
  antimuzak | Apr 5, 2007 |

Michael Bondprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fortnum, PeggyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fry, StephenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The Browns' house at number thirty-two Windsor Gardens was unusually quiet.

Contains: A FAMILY GROUP, A SPOT OF DECORATING, PADDINGTON TURNS DETECTIVE, PADDINGTON AND THE BONFIRE, TROUBLE AT NUMBER THIRTY TWO, PADDINGTON AND THE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING, CHRISTMAS

"Bears like Paddington are very rare," says Mrs Bird, "and a good thing too, or it would cost us a small fortune in marmalade." The Brown Family first met Paddington on a railway station - Paddington station, in fact - and now he is just another member of their family, if a slightly unusual one. As he says himself, "Things happen to me - I'm that sort of bear." With his attempts at home decorating, detective work and photography, the Brown family soon find that Paddington causes his own particular brand of chaos.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:46 -0400)

Inspite of Paddington's disastrous good intentions, Mrs. Brown happily says, "The place wouldn't be the same without him."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,814,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible