Catch Of The Day by Kristan Higgins

Catch Of The Day (edition 2007)

by Kristan Higgins

Member:Julia1605
Title:Catch Of The Day
Authors:Kristan Higgins
Info:HQN Books (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:2010, contemporary romance, contemporary, romance, chick lit, Gideon's Cove, Maine, USA, reporter

Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgins

Can't go wrong with Kristan Higgins! ( )
  KrisinKW | Mar 30, 2015 |
The heroine was such a doormat and brought public humiliation on herself. Still the story sucked me in hoping for a big turnaround that never really happened. I doubt this new relationship will last any longer than the others considering the way it started. Maggie has had some disastrous relationships but she keeps trying to find the right man. ( )
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Maggie has a knack for getting into embarrassing situations. One such situation? Having the entire town know that she's in love with the local priest, Father Tim. Second situation? Going to a big church dinner completely smashed and declaring her undying love to said priest. Now Father Tim is determined to hook Maggie up with someone suitable. The dates end up being one huge disaster after another. But at least they're entertaining the locals who patronize Maggie's diner. While being stood up by one of those dates, Maggie finds herself cornered by her ex-boyfriend and his pregnant wife. Surprisingly it's Malone, the local recluse, who comes to her rescue.

I loved Malone. He remains an extremely quiet man throughout the whole book, but Higgins manages to show how much he likes Maggie through his actions. Maggie on the other hand was somewhat annoying. She's constantly making bad decisions that put her in embarrassing situations. Reading those scenes were pretty painful. Maggie also sort of stalks Malone a few times and has the tendency to run her mouth. I seriously wanted to shake some self-awareness into that girl and tell her to get a grip on herself. Despite my annoyances with Maggie, I enjoyed the storyline and side characters. I'll definitely be picking up another Higgins novel soon. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
Listened/Read for Fun (Physical Book/Audible)
Overall Rating: 3.75
Story Rating: 3.75
Character Rating: 3.75

Audio Rating: 4.00 (not part of my overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgans was delightfully funny and a good summertime read! This was my second Kristan Higgans book and I have now moved her to my limited contemporary romance romance list. She makes me laugh.

Audio Thoughts:

Narrated By Xe Sands / Length: 10 hrs and 13 mins

Xe did a fantastic job with Catch of the Day. I had fun listening to her nail the humor and making me swoon.

Part of the Read It, Rate It, File It, Done Reviews ( )
  thehistorychic | Dec 16, 2014 |
Two incredibly flawed individuals find each other. Really enjoyed this one. ( )
  jkgrage | Nov 24, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373772246, Mass Market Paperback)

This catch of the day could be the dish of a lifetime!

First Date à la Maggie
Take one lovelorn diner owner (me)
A generous helping of nosy local gossips
A dollop of envy at married sister's perfect life
A splash of divine intervention (my matchmaking priest)

Combine ingredients with one adorable puppy, add a strong but silent lobsterman with a hidden heart of gold . . . and watch the sparks fly.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:06:35 -0400)

A lovelorn diner owner, with the help of nosy gossips and some divine intervention, meets her match in a strong but silent lobsterman who sweeps her off her feet.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,154,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible