It Is Just You - Everything's Not Shit by…

It Is Just You - Everything's Not Shit (edition 2007)

by Stack Steve

Member:mikethethinker
Title:It Is Just You - Everything's Not Shit
Authors:Stack Steve
Info:Harpercollins (2007), Hardcover, 224 pages
Tags:Great and fun too and it told me about this site, which I really enjoy, too.

It is Just You - Everything's Not Shit by Steve Stack

Is It Just Me or Is Everything Shit?: The Encyclopedia of Modern Life by Alan McArthur (hnau)
    hnau: 'It Is Just You' was written in response to 'Is It Just Me' (volumes 1 and 2).

I wasn't sure about the title but felt prompted to read this. I am so glad I did. From the first sentence I couldn't put it down! I think I read it in 2 hours! It's the kind of book you would read, curled up on the sofa with a hot cuppa. Although I freely admit I read it in the bath which ended up being embarrassing at one point because Steve actually wrote "If you're a woman you're probably reading this in the bath... and may I say how good you are looking!"
Having depression I have to say this book worked wonders in reminding me that even small things can bring happiness if you let them. It has also given me ideas for things I can do to add a little bit more sunshine into what seems like rainy days.
Thanks Mr. Stack! ( )
  ClareHatt | May 25, 2013 |
Really cleverly done, alphabetically nice things. And some things we probably forgot about that are good in life. ( )
  mikethethinker | Nov 23, 2012 |
A fairly entertaining, occasionally charming, very quick read. Be warned - there is a lot you will miss out on if you aren't a British person of a certain age. The rest, however, is easily accessible and enjoyable to all ages and cultures. ( )
  391 | Mar 9, 2012 |
I liked this book its a nice break from the novels. Gives littles random bits of information about things and it proved useful to me because thanks to Steve Stack I found this website (he interviews the founder of this site). ( )
  bennyb | Sep 8, 2009 |
This is a feel good book in a nutshell. It takes everything that makes you smile or cheers you up such as bubblewrap, lie-ins, bed time stories or even a simple cup of tea and a sit down and reminds you of those good times with some witty personal anecdotes that make you smile all the more. After a quik read of this book i guaretee you'll be smiling for hours as you reminiss in the good times. Not to mention this book is what introduced me to librarything!(and contains an exclusive interview with Tim Splading) ( )
  maxsumillion | Jun 7, 2008 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,444,671 books! | Top bar: Always visible