Reclam Universal-Bibliothek, Nr.91, Der…

Reclam Universal-Bibliothek, Nr.91, Der zerbrochene Krug (original 1806; edition 1986)

by Heinrich von Kleist

Member:timoheuer
Title:Reclam Universal-Bibliothek, Nr.91, Der zerbrochene Krug
Authors:Heinrich von Kleist
Info:Reclam, Ditzingen (1986), Taschenbuch, 98 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:deutsche literatur, klassische literatur, reclam, kleist, drama, verbrechen, gericht, richter, dramatik

The Broken Jug by Heinrich von Kleist (1806)

English (2)  Dutch (1)  All languages (3)
I read this book in a German language class in Austria so I missed some of the details because my German was not on par with my English. At the same time I was able to understand a lot of the between-the-lines analogies and allusions to Christianity that the author weaved into the story. It's definitely a thinking book but I highly recommend both for its insight-fulness and outright humor. I've actually seen this performed as a play, which is what the author originally intended, and innuendo aside it is absolutely hilarious. I'm sure that reading it in English will prove even more funny. ( )
  MonicaMusik | Sep 24, 2012 |
in Urfassung mit ausdehntem Schluss - wirkt aber sonderbarerweise nur auf der Bühne ( )
  moricsala | Dec 6, 2006 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,024,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible