Eye Count by Linda Burke

Eye Count

by Linda Burke

393292,072 (4)None

This book by Bourke is a counting book that helps kids find with their reasoning and and connection skills. There is a brief synopsis of what the book is about in the first page before the book begins, I give helpful hints about how if your child or student is stuck on figuring out the puzzle, it points you in the right direction of a helpful solution page at the end of the book. This book is good for ages 3-7. ( )
  nseugene | Apr 19, 2017 |
When I read the introduction, I was a little confused. I had to read it a second time, and then I focused on homonyms. For each number I had to find homonyms. Number one was easy because it was a moon, and number two was an animal bat and a baseball bat. It was so interesting how this math book incorporated numbers and English. I got confused by number twelve, and I could not figure it out. I tried and tried, but then I looked for the solution for number twelve. I feel that this book does an excellent job of helping readers find clues and applying their vocabulary knowledge. I would enjoy to do another activity like this book for students because it can get challenging. ( )
  memaldonado | Apr 19, 2015 |
This book covers counting skills. The children have to find multiple items on a page. For example, objects are pictured on the top left hand corner then the children have to match objects on the page.
This woud be a fun acitivity book for children who are starting to learn to count up to 20. ( )
  Kcarline143 | Mar 13, 2012 |

This intriguing book is a two-tiered guessing game. Readers determine the link between pages by counting the number of similar objects on a spread, and then make a connection to the clue cleverly hidden within the right-hand side of every vibrant illustration. A terrific picture book and great for puzzle enthusiasts of every age. Full-color illustrations.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:16 -0400)

A counting book that incorporates homophones and homonyms in entertaining puzzles.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,443,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible