Tell No One by Harlan Coben

Tell No One (2001)

by Harlan Coben

(7) 2002 (7) 2009 (10) adult (7) American (8) American literature (8) Coben (13) crime (70) crime fiction (32) detective (7) ebook (11) fiction (208) Harlan Coben (14) murder (29) mystery (199) mystery fiction (6) Mystery/Suspense (8) Mystery/Thriller (14) novel (17) own (12) paperback (9) pb (6) polar (8) policier (11) read (52) suspense (94) thriller (182) to-read (36) unread (15) USA (7)

English (90)  French (4)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Polish (1)  All languages (101)
Blurb........

Eight years ago David Beck was knocked unconscious and left for dead,
and his wife Elizabeth was kidnapped and murdered.

Dr Beck re-lived the horror of what happened that day every day of his life. Then one afternoon, he receives an anonymous email telling him to log on to a certain website. The screen opens on to a web cam - and it is Elizabeth's image he sees.

As Beck tries to find out if Elizabeth is truly alive, and what
really happened the night she disappeared, the FBI are trying to pin
Elizabeth's murder on him. And everyone he turns to seems to end up
dead...

Well, my third Coben book in a couple of months and whilst not the greatest thing I've ever read in my life, it's far from the worst either. A slightly implausible plot, which I'm not going to disect. Face it with all fiction you need to suspend belief, so hey just go with it.
Was I entertained? Yes.
Did I want to discover how it all panned out, and by definition keep my head stuck in it, oblivious to the pre-Christmas chaos around me? Yes.

3 from 5, and 1 book closer to catching back up with my wife!

Purchased a few years ago, from a charity shop - judging by the sticky label on the back.
Hey, I do buy new sometimes!
  col2910 | Apr 17, 2014 |
Tell No One is about Dr. David Beck's quest to unravel the mystery of his wife's Elizabeth's death eight years prior to novel's events. The reason for the investigation? Beck receives an email supposedly from his dead wife!

There are no words inadequate enough the describe the ferocity and sheer awesomeness of Harlan Coben's Tell No One. It is that captivating, engrossing, and damn good! It had so many plot twists and turns that it should have been an confusing read BUT it was far from it.

This was my first Harlan Coben novel and I am so glad Tell No One was it! It was so good! Especially the ending. I don't think I have said Oh My God so many times in one sitting! ( )

Y2Ash | Apr 16, 2014 |
Man believes wife is murdered. Finds out complicated plot in her disappearance. Many twists and turns. Too many sub plots. To follow. ( )
  latorreliliana | Jan 16, 2014 |
"Small said, "But what about when we are dead and gone, will you love me then, does love go on?" Large held Small snug as they looked out at the night, at the moon in the dark and the stars, how they shine and glow, some of the stars died a long time ago. Still they shine in the evening skies, for you see, Small, love like starlight never dies . . ." -Debi Gliori, No Matter What (Bloomsbury Publishing)
In loving memory of my niece, Gabi Cohen, 1997-2000, Our wonderful little Myszka . . .
There should have been a dark whisper in the wind.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440236703, Mass Market Paperback)

David Beck has rebuilt his life since his wife's murder eight years ago, finishing medical school and establishing himself as a pediatrician, but he's never forgotten the woman he fell in love with in second grade. And when a mysterious e-mail arrives on the anniversary of their first kiss, with a message and an image that leads him to wonder whether Elizabeth might still be alive, Beck will stop at nothing to find the truth that's eluded him for so many years. A powerful billionaire is equally determined to make sure his role in her disappearance never comes to light, even if it means destroying an innocent man.

In David Beck, Harlan Coben, the author of the popular series starring sports agent Myron Bolitar (Darkest Fear et al.) has created a protagonist who shares many of Bolitar's best qualities--he's a decent, generous, gentle guy whose loyalty to those he loves is unquestionable. So when he discovers that people he was close to may be responsible not only for Elizabeth's murder but also the "accidental" death of his father, Beck's sense of betrayal is as understandable to the reader as his uncharacteristically violent reaction. Coben is a skillful storyteller with a gift for creating likable characters caught up in circumstances that illuminate their complex emotional lives and deep humanity. This should be the thriller that breaks this talented writer out of the mystery genre and earns him the recognition he deserves. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:48 -0400)

For Dr. David Beck, the loss was shattering. And every day for the past eight years, he has relived the horror of what happened. The gleaming lake. The pale moonlight. The piercing screams. The night his wife was taken. The last night he saw her alive. Everyone tells him it's time to move on, to forget the past once and for all. But for David Beck, there can be no closure. A message has appeared on his computer, a phrase only he and his dead wife know. Suddenly Beck is taunted with the impossible--that somewhere, somehow, Elizabeth is alive. Beck has been warned to tell no one. And he doesn't. Instead, he runs from the people he trusts the most, plunging headlong into a search for the shadowy figure whose messages hold out a desperate hope. But already Beck is being hunted down. He's headed straight into the heart of a dark and deadly secret--and someone intends to stop him before he gets there.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,491,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible