Tell No One by Harlan Coben

Tell No One (2001)

by Harlan Coben

English (118)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  German (2)  Spanish (2)  All (1)  Polish (1)  All (131)
I didn't get any work done in the past 2 days because of this book. It kept me guessing and had a very intriguing plot. I felt like there were a couple of loose ends at the end, but overall I was very satisfied and had a great feeling at the end of the story. This is the first Harlan Coben book I've ever read, and I am definitely a fan now and will continue to read his books. I loved his writing style, and felt like he was reading it to me even as I read. ( )
  uagyrl | Nov 23, 2017 |
Dr. David Beck is currently a fugitive on the run, wanted for the murder of his wife eight years earlier. Strange messages start appearing in his email, and they could only have come from his dead wife. As he seeks to find answers, he ends up with more questions...dirty politicians, dirty cops, and deadly people after him...is Elizabeth alive? ( )
  shannon.dolgos | Sep 5, 2017 |
Great book. Keeps you up at night. His best. ( )
  Addbooks | Apr 30, 2017 |
Loved this one of HC. He is truly a mystery/suspense god!
The book is very fast pasted, and it will keep you on the edge of your seat.
It's hard to say anything about it without spoling it.
So, I won't say anything more,I'll leave it to you to judge.
Happy reading!
  Dohakoma | Apr 4, 2017 |
Dr. David Beck and his wife, Elizabeth, were deeply in love and celebrating their anniversary the night his wife disappeared and he was attacked and left to die in a remote lake. Several days later, her mutilated body was found, branded with the initial of a known serial killer. Eight years later, Dr. Beck, a pediatrician, is still grieving the loss of his wife when he receives an odd email, presumably from Elizabeth or someone who knew details only she could have known. As Dr. Beck follows the digital leads left by someone who wants him to know what happened to his wife, he finds himself under investigation and pursuit by the police, who now suspect that he may have murdered her after all.

This is a fast-paced thriller, which keeps you engaged until the end to find out what happened to Elizabeth. Although it was somewhat farfetched, I enjoyed the suspense and twists and turns, which were a little more complicated than I initially thought. ( )
  voracious | Mar 27, 2017 |

Olofsson, Lennartsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pera, Renatosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Simonsen, Larssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weber, StevenReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Small said, "But what about when we are dead and gone, will you love me then, does love go on?" Large held Small snug as they looked out at the night, at the moon in the dark and the stars, how they shine and glow, some of the stars died a long time ago. Still they shine in the evening skies, for you see, Small, love like starlight never dies . . ." -Debi Gliori, No Matter What (Bloomsbury Publishing)
In loving memory of my niece, Gabi Cohen, 1997-2000, Our wonderful little Myszka . . .
There should have been a dark whisper in the wind.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440236703, Mass Market Paperback)

David Beck has rebuilt his life since his wife's murder eight years ago, finishing medical school and establishing himself as a pediatrician, but he's never forgotten the woman he fell in love with in second grade. And when a mysterious e-mail arrives on the anniversary of their first kiss, with a message and an image that leads him to wonder whether Elizabeth might still be alive, Beck will stop at nothing to find the truth that's eluded him for so many years. A powerful billionaire is equally determined to make sure his role in her disappearance never comes to light, even if it means destroying an innocent man.

In David Beck, Harlan Coben, the author of the popular series starring sports agent Myron Bolitar (Darkest Fear et al.) has created a protagonist who shares many of Bolitar's best qualities--he's a decent, generous, gentle guy whose loyalty to those he loves is unquestionable. So when he discovers that people he was close to may be responsible not only for Elizabeth's murder but also the "accidental" death of his father, Beck's sense of betrayal is as understandable to the reader as his uncharacteristically violent reaction. Coben is a skillful storyteller with a gift for creating likable characters caught up in circumstances that illuminate their complex emotional lives and deep humanity. This should be the thriller that breaks this talented writer out of the mystery genre and earns him the recognition he deserves. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:27 -0400)

For Dr. David Beck, the loss was shattering. And every day for the past eight years, he has relived the horror of what happened. The gleaming lake. The pale moonlight. The piercing screams. The night his wife was taken. The last night he saw her alive. Everyone tells him it's time to move on, to forget the past once and for all. But for David Beck, there can be no closure. A message has appeared on his computer, a phrase only he and his dead wife know. Suddenly Beck is taunted with the impossible--that somewhere, somehow, Elizabeth is alive. Beck has been warned to tell no one. And he doesn't. Instead, he runs from the people he trusts the most, plunging headlong into a search for the shadowy figure whose messages hold out a desperate hope. But already Beck is being hunted down. He's headed straight into the heart of a dark and deadly secret--and someone intends to stop him before he gets there.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,983,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible