Babymouse, Heartbreaker by Jennifer L. Holm

Babymouse, Heartbreaker

by Jennifer L. Holm

I love that Babymouse is relatable in so many ways. She panics about getting a date and looking just right for the school dance, but in the end, she sees that that's not the most important part. ( )
  kschorn | Apr 5, 2013 |
I am having a difficult time enjoying these graphic novels. I can see how some children might like them, especially if they are not strong readers. ( )
  Lauramel | Feb 25, 2011 |
5StarP
  jkh322 | May 12, 2010 |
5P
Babymouse "Heartbreaker" exhibits elements of "Radical Change, especially in terms of Interactivity. In this book, the pictures are an essential part of the storytelling - events are shown through illustration rather than described by text about half of the time, resulting in a new synergy. ( )
  LisaMcG | Apr 22, 2010 |
This is a comic book for younger children. It is good for a self esteem boost. It is about a mouse who wants to go to the dance, but is not asked. she changes her looks, and everything. Finally she works the courage to ask herself. In the end she has to go by herself, and is asked to dance by someone who was afarid to ask her in the first place. She also day dreams alot. I would ask the kids to draw me a picture of a day dream they have had, and I would use this book to show them that others feel the same way as they do sometimes. I know hwo the mouse felt because I would never be asked to the dances ao i had to work the courage to go allowen and had lots of fun njust like she did.
  savannahmcallister | Apr 18, 2010 |

AHHH, VALENTINE'S DAY! Babymouse loves Valentines Day! A day for pink hearts! Flowers! Candy! School dances and romance . . . sweetromance! WAIT! Romance? Ew! And what's this about a school dance? Does that mean Babymouse needs a date? Uh-oh! Looks like thisValentine's Day may turn into a Valentine's dud! Will Babymouse go to the school dance? Will she get any Valentines? Will she find true love? Find out in . . . Babymouse: Heartbreaker!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:59 -0400)

"It's Valentine's Day, a day for romance, candy, and the school dance."--From source other than the Library of Congress

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,125,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible