Before Dishonor by Peter David

When I started my current Star Trek binge, one of the first books I grabbed off the shelf was the latest non-New Frontier book from my favorite Star Trek author, Peter David. This was a very enjoyable ride, and I had no problems whatsoever with the event(s) that so many fans have complained about. ( )
  cvalin | Jan 24, 2016 |
I like Peter David's books. He's an awesome writer, and in that way, this book didn't disappoint. That's why it gets four stars.

But then, for Pocket Books (since I looked up to see if it was Mr. David's idea or not) to do what they did in this book. Not cool, and that's the main reason I didn't give it the fifth star. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that those at Pocket been watching too much Stargate recently.

But, to go back to the positive. At least Mr. David seemed to put some interesting subtext in there too. And I don't mean Chakotay/Janeway subtext.... (or Chakotay/Seven subtext, gag). And Peter David is Peter David, I'd read a grocery list if he wrote it. ( )
  DanieXJ | Mar 17, 2012 |
Peter David certainly has a way of knitting the entire Trek universe together, doesn't he? ( )
  WayGroovy | Aug 11, 2010 |
Very interesting addition to the series. Ending was not very suspensful. ( )
  dswaddell | Mar 21, 2008 |
This is the last of this year's installments in the TNG relaunch, and I don't have much to say about it, beyond that it's basically the ultimate Peter David Star Trek book, with all the positives and minuses that that entails these days. (originally written December 2007)
  Stevil2001 | Feb 4, 2008 |
For Bjorn and the rest of the Borg
Kathryn Janeway needed to see it for herself.

An enemy so intractable that it cannot be reasoned with. The entire race thinks with one mind and strives toward one purpose: to add our biological distinctiveness to their own and wipe out individuality, to make every living thing Borg. In over two centuries, the Federation has never encountered a greater threat. Twice Starfleet assembled and threw countless starships to stand against them. The Borg were stopped, the price paid in blood. Humanity breathed a sigh of relief, assuming it was safe. And with the destruction of the transwarp conduits, the Federation believed that the killing blow had finally been struck against the Borg. Driven to the point of extinction, the Borg continue to fight for their very existence, for their culture. They will not be denied. They must not be stopped. The old rules and assumptions regarding how the Collective should act have been dismissed. Now the Borg kill first, assimilate later. When the Enterprise manages to thwart them once again, the Borg turn inward. The dark places that even the drones never realized existed are turned outward against the enemy they have never been able to defeat. What is revealed is the thing that no one believed the Borg could do.

Pushed to the brink of extinction, the Borg fight for their very existence. They become darker, more lethal as they move once again to defeat the enemy they have never been able to beat.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,726 books! | Top bar: Always visible