White Tiger: A Hero's Compulsion TPB by…

White Tiger: A Hero's Compulsion TPB

by Tamora Pierce, Timothy Liebe (Author)

This is the first superhero book I have ever read with a real hispanic hero. As an added bonuse, she is a tough girl. Angela has a huge family (which is impressive when the reader considers how many members of her family she has recently lost) that supports her, and there are several cameos from some familiar super hero faces. In this origin tale Angela gets her uncle's amulet and becomes a female White Tiger. With her mentor in prison and her uncle dead, she is getting her feet wet at becoming her own super hero. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
The pictures were nice but the story confused me. I learned more from the back flap and from the character profile at the back of the book than I did from the graphic novel. I think the main problem is that I don't know enough about the various superheroes who appeared in this story. There was some cool dialogue with lots of references to the pop culture of the time when it was created ten years ago. I liked the sarcastic reference to Miami Vice.

I quickly realized that reading a graphic novel requires some skills that I don't necessarily have. Even the flow of the story on the page required some concentration on my part. I can understand why my students enjoy graphic novels - colorful graphics, minimal text and lots of action. I feel sure that they will enjoy this one once it gets into my Media Center too. ( )
  kmartin802 | Oct 3, 2015 |

Tamora Pierceprimary authorall editionscalculated
Liebe, TimothyAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

This collection follows FBI agent Angela del Toro’s journey into the depths of the Yakuza and her own soul, as she must avenge the loss of her partner while not losing herself to darkness! Armed with the mystical amulet of the White Tiger, Angela seeks answers to her questions…but she may not survive long enough to understand the true nature of her quest!
Angela del Toro knows pain: Her uncle Hector Ayala, the former White Tiger, killed. Her FBI partner, murdered. Her career, ruined. Her mentor, Matt Murdock, jailed. And the hurt is just beginning....The Yakuza’s bloodthirsty Sano Orii returns, a genocidal shadow organization appears, and a new-but-old super-powered madman is looking to put the squeeze on White Tiger. Armed with mystical amulets---and finally in costume---White Tiger demands answers! But will she survive long enough to ask the right questions?

Roaring out of the pages of Daredevil, the new White Tiger makes a ferocious debut, courtesy of the dynamic scripting of New York Times best-selling fantasy author Tamora Pierce (Trickster's Queen, The Will of the Empress) and masterful penciling of rising star Phil Briones (La Geste des Chevaliers-Dragons, Les Seigneurs d'Agartha). Angela del Toro knows pain: Her uncle - Hector Ayala, the former White Tiger - killed. Her FBI partner, murdered. Her career, ruined. Her mentor, Matt Murdock, jailed. And the hurt is just beginning. The Yakuza's bloodthirsty Sano Orii returns, a genocidal shadow organization appears, and a new-but-old super-powered madman is looking to put the squeeze on White Tiger. Armed with mystical amulets - and finally in costume - White Tiger demands answers! But will she survive long enough to ask the right questions? Collects White Tiger #1-6.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:19 -0400)

"The Yakuza's bloodthirsty Sano Orii returns, a genocidal shadow organization appears, and a new-but-old super-powered madman is looking to put the squeeze on White Tiger. Armed with mystical amulets - and finally in costume - White Tiger demands answers! But will she survive long enough to ask the right questions?"--cover p. 4.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,542,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible