SORTED!: The Ultimate Guide to Organising…

SORTED!: The Ultimate Guide to Organising Your Life - Once and For All (2007)

by Lissanne Oliver

GNFB | Sep 30, 2010 |
In my ultimately unreachable goal of organizing my life, I picked up this little book. I have read several books and articles purporting to be able to solve my organizational dilemmas, and this one is better than most in terms of being able to help me help myself.

Here's what I especially liked about the book:
- short chapters with illustrations
- a chapter at the beginning of the book with recommendations for the specific types of tools one should arm themselves with to tackle organization projects (e.g., file folders, rubber bands, boxes, magazine holders)
- the recipes! These are short chapers that are focused on one individual task, like organizing your desk, your junk drawer, your closet, your media, your paper files, your computer files. Each recipe starts out with the tools you should have for the job, and gives an estimate of the amount of time you should have to at least get a good start on a project.

I liked the book, have already done some of the recipes, and found it useful.

4 Stars ( )
  LisaMorr | Apr 4, 2009 |
This book is for anyone who's ever:
been lost in a sea of paper; had to pay a late-payment fee; said "it's here somewhere;" had trouble closing cupboard doors; stumbled around in the morning trying to find matching shoes; lost a check, precious photo, or special trinket; felt they didn't know where to start; purchased something again because they've "lost" the original; felt overwhelmed by the thought of organizing their stuff; wanted simple solutions to everyday problems; wanted to organize their space without spending a fortune; felt frustrated that boxes and tubs don't fix the problem (without knowing why); wanted to learn time- and money-saving ways to complete tasks. (Introduction)
Congratulations on taking a positive step toward getting organized. (Chapter 1: Getting Sorted)

"Professional organiser Lissanne Oliver shares her knowledge and hands-on experience from years of organising people's lives for a living. In 42 clear and easy-to-follow recipes, Lissanne will teach you the steps and systems that will help sort your personal, work and living spaces - once and for all."--Back cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,782,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible