Rise of the Golden Cobra by Henry T. Aubin

Rise of the Golden Cobra

by Henry T. Aubin

242443,774 (4)None

I would say that this is as close to experiencnig adventure in Egypt as they could get without actually experiencing it. I loved the war strategy and the wonderful morals that were stressed - loyalty, trust, friendship, bravery, courage, and more. I learned a lot from this book and the story line of Nebi letting Nemlot control him until the end. This book was amazing. I don't know if I get much say though because I'm obsessed with Egypt already, but I loved this book so much that it should be a movie. However, it probably wouldn't do it justice. Definitely make a sequel! AHS/EB

Even though I didn't understand the story perfectly through out I loved the characters who werer mostly likable. Q3P2 AHS/Tyler W.
  edspicer | Oct 15, 2009 |
Although this book started out in a promising fashion, it did not hold my interest as much as I'd hoped it would. Would be enjoyable to boys who like reading historical fiction and ancient civilizations.
14 yr old Nebi, the sole survivor of a treacherous attack, escapes into the desert to bring news to Piankhy, the ruler of Kush. The story, set in 8th century BC, dramatizes a true story which includes battles, ship to ship combat, and cities under siege. Nebi has to decide whether to seek revenge against his personal enemy, Count Nimlot. Red Maple Nominee 2007. ( )
  JRlibrary | Dec 30, 2007 |

In 8th century BCE, a 14-year-old servant in Kush survives the massacre of his master's family and makes a heroic journey across the desert to warn the king. He ends up as a scribe in the king's army and later a lieutenant participating in great battles.… (more)

Annick Press

2 editions of this book were published by Annick Press.

Editions: 1554510597, 1554510600

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,464,462 books! | Top bar: Always visible