Revenge of the Lunch Ladies: The Hilarious…

Revenge of the Lunch Ladies: The Hilarious Book of School Poetry

by Kenn Nesbitt

Revenge of the Lunch Ladies is a really funny and entertaining book to read for any elementary class especially share it with the school Lunch Lady for a good laugh. But it's not only about lunch ladies theres other poetry stories as well. Theres a kid who is sad because he doesn't know how to tie his shoes, teachers celebrating the last day of school, and and a students science project was eaten by his dog. So this book is very adventures for the students to read about and have a good laugh for the day. Great book and a must pick up if you want to entertain the students.
This is a poetry book. ( )
  Patrick-Shea14 | Nov 7, 2014 |
This book was really cute. One reason that I liked it was the illustrations. They reminded me of Shel Silverstein, but with their own style. The black and white leaves room for imagination, and the actual characters are just hilarious.
Another reason I enjoyed this book was because of the tunes. Some of the poems are spoken to a certain tune. For example, "Oh My Darling, Valentine" is read to the tune of "Clementine". I think that's a clever way to incorporate music into the books.
The main idea of this book is about silly things at school, and just having fun with it. ( )
  lmalak1 | Jun 9, 2014 |
Author: Kenn Nesbitt
Title: Revenge of the Lunch Ladies
Illustrator: Mike Gordon, Carl Gordon
Publisher: Meadowbrook
Year: 2007
Pages: 80
Type: Poem
Summary: This book is also filled with a bunch of funny poems that the children can relate to. It is also more fun for the children because they are poems about school which all kids have to go too.

I liked this book, I think that younger children will get a kick out of this. I think Kenn Nesbitt does a great way of bring fun energy into his books.
  emfro20 | May 14, 2014 |
This is a very funny book filled with great poems and awesome illustrations. Kids of all ages will get into this book of poems because they are hilarious and they have to do with something that all kids can all relate to...SCHOOL! The topics of the poems are very imaginative and will get any student excited to write a funny poem of their own about their school antics or the people in their school. Fun to use to start the day or to use daily during a poetry unit. I feel like some of my more reluctant poets might get inspired after hearing these funny poems! ( )
  burke73 | Jul 25, 2010 |
This is a collection of 45 poems with great comic illustrations about topics surrounding school such as the principal skipping a day, a science project that ate the student's dog, and about how the lunch ladies get back at the students for complaining about the food. Hilarious.
  mlcraft | Feb 19, 2009 |

"A collection of poems about the humorous ups and downs of school"--Provided by publisher.

Meadowbrook Press

An edition of this book was published by Meadowbrook Press.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,059,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible