The Siege of Macindaw: Book Six (Ranger's…

The Siege of Macindaw: Book Six (Ranger's Apprentice) (edition 2010)

by John Flanagan

Title:The Siege of Macindaw: Book Six (Ranger's Apprentice)
Authors:John Flanagan
Info:Puffin (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 320 pages
Tags:fiction, children's, fantasy, series

The Siege of Macindaw by John Flanagan (Author)

English (38)  Dutch (1)  All languages (39)
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Because of the Ranger's Apprentice Day I recently attended with my youngest sister (and the following meet-and-greet with the author) I decided it was time to read more books in the Ranger's Apprentice series and start where I left off.

The Siege of Macindaw is the sixth instalment of the series and forms one story together with the fifth book. The main thing happening in this book is the actual siege.

I was a little bit disappointed that it turned out to be almost solely about the siege. It's a 300-page read and it reads very fast, but focussing so much on this one event made it really feel like a middle book. In the end, not that much happens at all.

Also I didn't remember just how much these books are focussed on younger readers. The hero's are all very heroic and they are sure very smart/strong/overall awesome. The main villain was mostly mean.

I hope I'll like the next book in the series better. ( )
  Floratina | Sep 6, 2015 |
Yet another great book in the Ranger's Apprentice series. This is my second time reading it, and I enjoyed it just as much as the first ( )
  Shea42 | Oct 19, 2014 |
This is the sixth book of John Flanagan's series. What I thought would be a continuum of the first five books actually had its own set of page turning action that folds over itself. He works his magic by changing the setting of this story and introducing another new group of enemies that all readers never expected to see. Will, the main character, now becomes a full Ranger in Araluen and discovers the stressful life of protecting his beloved land from his enemies. "The Sorcerer of the North" is a very ravishing book with plenty of action and adventure to keep pages turning and minds stuck in the world of "The Rangers Apprentice." ( )
  br14nama | May 30, 2014 |
"The Siege of Macindaw" continues the exciting story that John Flanagan started in "The Sorcerer of the North." The main characters must outwit formidable enemies to save the kingdom of Araluen and in the process lay siege to a castle and rescue a friend. The pages are rift with intrigue, action, fighting, and danger, and they even contain a bit of romance. In short, this is yet another satisfying read in "The Ranger's Apprentice" series. I can't wait to start the next installment! ( )
  ThePageturners | Feb 23, 2014 |

Flanagan, JohnAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Corneille, LaurentTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

The international bestselling series with over 5 million copies sold in the U.S. alone!

After years as a Ranger?s apprentice, Will is now the protector of his first fief. Not long into his service, everything that can go wrong does: Keren, a renegade knight, has taken over Castle Macindaw, a strategic gateway to the North?poisoning the royal family in the process?and is holding Will?s friend Alyss captive. The situation grows direr when Will uncovers Keren?s secret alliance with the Scotti, who have plans to plunder Araluen. Time is of the essence, and Will must recruit a motley crew to rescue Alyss and reclaim Castle Macindaw?before the Scotti can make it their own.

This New York Times bestselling series maintains its breathless pace in this newest installment.

Perfect for fans of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, T.H. White’s The Sword in the Stone, Christopher Paolini’s Eragon series, and George R. R. Martin’s Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:00 -0400)

Now a full-fledged Ranger, Will must rescue his friend Alyss from a rogue knight and uncover vital information needed to ward off a Scotti invasion. Will, who is now a full-fledged Ranger, must rescue his friend Alyss from a rogue knight and uncover vital information needed to ward off a Scotti invasion.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,882,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible