The Siege of Macindaw by John Flanagan

The Siege of Macindaw (original 2007; edition 2009)

by John Flanagan

922None9,464 (4.24)34
Member:ajwseven
Title:The Siege of Macindaw
Authors:John Flanagan
Info:New York : Philomel Books, 2009.
Rating:***

The Siege of Macindaw by John Flanagan (Author) (2007)

action (8) adventure (38) apprentice (5) archery (5) Australian (5) australian author (4) Book 6 (5) castles (5) children's (10) ebook (7) fantasy (112) fiction (38) friendship (7) heroes (5) knights (5) magic (6) medieval (8) paperback (6) Ranger's Apprentice (36) rangers (20) read (8) series (23) sff (5) teen (7) to-read (5) war (10) YA (19) young adult (31) young adult fiction (9) youth (6)

English (34)  Dutch (1)  All languages (35)
"The Siege of Macindaw" continues the exciting story that John Flanagan started in "The Sorcerer of the North." The main characters must outwit formidable enemies to save the kingdom of Araluen and in the process lay siege to a castle and rescue a friend. The pages are rift with intrigue, action, fighting, and danger, and they even contain a bit of romance. In short, this is yet another satisfying read in "The Ranger's Apprentice" series. I can't wait to start the next installment! ( )
  ThePageturners | Feb 23, 2014 |
Much better. This one tied up all of the loose ends that I complained about in [b:The Sorcerer in the North|1524173|The Sorcerer in the North (Ranger's Apprentice, #5)|John Flanagan|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1327918728s/1524173.jpg|6627897]. Review wise.. I'm not sure what there is to say. Like the other books in the series, it was an easy and entertaining read. Nothing life changing or mind blowing or profound, just enjoyable and well written. 3.5 stars. ( )
  breakofdawn | Jun 11, 2013 |
These are just plain fun! ( )
  Steph2472 | Apr 4, 2013 |
An amazing book! I got this free as a goodreads givaway, and I was a little worried, as it is book 6 of a series that I had never even heard of. But it stands alone, and I now want to buy and read all the previous stories. Very well-written, good characterisation, and a fun parallel world. Highly recommended to anyone who, like me, had never heard of this author before. A cracking good yarn! ( )
  mont1ms | Apr 4, 2013 |
  mont1ms | Apr 4, 2013 |

The international bestselling series with over 5 million copies sold in the U.S. alone!

After years as a Ranger?s apprentice, Will is now the protector of his first fief. Not long into his service, everything that can go wrong does: Keren, a renegade knight, has taken over Castle Macindaw, a strategic gateway to the North?poisoning the royal family in the process?and is holding Will?s friend Alyss captive. The situation grows direr when Will uncovers Keren?s secret alliance with the Scotti, who have plans to plunder Araluen. Time is of the essence, and Will must recruit a motley crew to rescue Alyss and reclaim Castle Macindaw?before the Scotti can make it their own.

This New York Times bestselling series maintains its breathless pace in this newest installment.

Perfect for fans of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, T.H. White’s The Sword in the Stone, Christopher Paolini’s Eragon series, and George R. R. Martin’s Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:39 -0400)

Now a full-fledged Ranger, Will must rescue his friend Alyss from a rogue knight and uncover vital information needed to ward off a Scotti invasion.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,414,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible