The Old House by Pamela Duncan Edwards

The Old House

by Pamela Duncan Edwards

Other authors: Henry Cole (Illustrator)

A Family for Old Mill Farm by Shutta Crum (ASKier)
    ASKier: both stories are about families in search of a dream home, which turns out to be an old place in need of repair

This was a touching story about a little old house who had lost its luster and thought its days were numbered. Then a young family finds and falls in love with the house and brings it back to glory. I found myself a little teary over this one as we have an old house who need someone to love it up! ( )
  dms02 | Feb 27, 2014 |
Kearsten says: My five-year-old really enjoyed this story of a lonely old house finding new owners. Like me, my daughter loves happy endings!

I picked this one up because I love the other Edwards/Cole pairing - Muldoon is adorable and funny - and though this one isn't as fun and clever, it is very sweet. ( )
  YouthGPL | Mar 10, 2010 |
Sofi really liked this one - she, like me, is a sucker for happy endings... ; )

Not as fun and clever as Muldoon, but sweet.
  kayceel | Nov 19, 2008 |

Pamela Duncan Edwardsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cole, HenryIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The old house is lonely because it has been empty for so long. Its friends try to cheer it up, but the house seems to prefer self-pity. Its droopy shutters and sagging front porch discourage all buyers—until the day a certain family comes to take a look. While the children see lots of potential for good times, the mother and father see a lot of work ahead. Will the house pull itself together in time to impress them, or will it be condemned to more unhappiness? This story about the deep connection between family and homestead will resonate with readers young and old.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:37 -0400)

An old empty house feels sorry for itself because it has no family living inside, but with the help of some good friends, its dreams come true.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,056,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible