Rex Ray: Art Design by Rex Ray

Rex Ray: Art Design

by Rex Ray

281389,858 (4)None

OK, plan and simple: I am a visual/graphic arts junky. Rex Ray is pure eye candy when I need visual stimulation. This book is all art, no text, all I need when that's all I need. I gotta have my daily dose of viz-stim. Hey - that's what the internet is really for isn't it? But sometimes I gotta have it for my very own. ( )
  k2togger | Sep 30, 2012 |

Rex Ray's highly collectible artwork is coveted in design as well as art circles. His color-bursting, curvaceous art graces the walls of high-design hotels, world-class museums, and hip restaurants, yet remains, as acclaimed author Douglas Coupland puts it in his foreword, "unslick, but superslick at the same time." Abstract and handcrafted, with a retro-futuristic mid-century feel, Rex Ray's meditations on fluid forms are a rare combination of sophistication and decorative appeal. The first monograph to survey his multi-faceted work in various mediaincluding paper cutouts, mixed-media collages, paintings, digital prints, and the highly admired graphic design and music packaging that launched his visual careerRex Ray is a veritable trove of his sleek yet playful aesthetic.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:45 -0400)

From album covers and conert posters to prints featured by interior designers to paintings and collage in fine art collections, Ray's artwork is a combination of pop sophistcation, commercial design, and handmade craft. Paper cutouts, mixed-media collages, paintings, dgital prints, and graphic design and music packaging launched his visual career.--Inside front cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,679,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible