Cassandra's Angel by Gina Otto

Cassandra's Angel

by Gina Otto

142683,257 (3)None

Cassandra's Angel is a story in rhyme of a child who truly wants to please - as most children do - but is constantly being given the message that she just can't do anything right. As the story unfolds Cassandra finds comfort, and learns a special secret about herself, from an unexpected source - her very own Angel! And what was the secret? It was the truth - the truth of what Cassandra really was. This is a great self-esteem book for girls, but it is not for boys.
  wichitafriendsschool | Aug 5, 2016 |
A sing-song story of Cassandra who feels rejection when gets in trouble, for wanting friends or for being herself.
What I like was that despite people treating her unkindly or saying negative things about her, Cassandra choses to disagree with their stories. She chooses to be who she is with a big imagination.

Use to teach empathy, that we all experience rejection of some sort and how things can be unfair.
Also use to teach how some people can overreact and be mean spirited. ( )
  kjarthur | Aug 11, 2010 |

Cassandra's Angel is about the stories that we are given from the people in our lives about who they think we are...and then dropping those stories so that we can become who we came here to be.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:49 -0400)

When she listens to the people around her, Cassandra feels that she cannot do anything right, but then a meeting with her Angel gives her a new perspective on herself and others.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,468,657 books! | Top bar: Always visible