Modern control systems by Richard C. Dorf

Modern control systems

by Richard C. Dorf

I haven't read through all of this book, but from what I saw in the first two chapters, it didn't seem like a very clear or concise treatment of the subject matter. Reviews on Amazon seem to back me up. It seems like it's just one of those textbooks that survives on being required for certain classes and releasing new editions every couple of years (which just makes it more bloated).

I would consider replacing it with a better book covering control systems, but right now I don't have a recommendation. I'll add one to the wishlist if I find something I like.

Justin ( )
  Pumpingstationone | Jan 20, 2014 |

"Global issues such as climate change, clean water, sustainability, waste management, and energy use have caused many engineers to re-think existing approaches to engineering design. Control systems in green engineering designs have led to products that minimize pollution, reduce the risk to human health, and improve the environment. An example is the use of wireless measurements on a robotic-controlled mobile sensing platform that measure key environmental parameters in a rain forest."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,339,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible