Heroes Vol. 1 by Tim Sale

Heroes Vol. 1 (edition 2007)

by Tim Sale

Member:syrin
Title:Heroes Vol. 1
Authors:Tim Sale
Info:Wildstorm (2007), Hardcover Comic, 240 pages
Collections:Your library, To read (inactive)
Tags:Comics, DC Comics, Graphic Novels, Private Collection, Superheroes, TBR

Heroes, Volume 1 by Aron E Coleite

Recently added bydarksir, pineapple13, zjeszay, Mintypink, plaidfox, private library, keforester, ericreeves3, Steph1203

English (14)  Swedish (1)  All languages (15)
I always intended on reading this (a collection of all 34 webcomics from the first season of Heroes) right after it was released. Two more seasons of Heroes went by before I randomly picked it up while browsing my library's graphic novel selection, and I'm rather glad I waited.

It's generally known that seasons 2 and 3 of the show haven't been very well received by fans. I didn't come down quite as hard on them as many fans did, although I no longer looked forward to it with impatient eagerness. It even took me until the middle of June to finally get around to watching the last three episodes of season 3.

This webcomic collection took me back to when the show and characters were mysterious and a joy to watch. Seeing Eden and DL again was nice, although it just reminded me what a shame it was that we lost THEM and then got subjected to the annoying twins who killed everyone with their stupid eye power. Every webcomic gives another layer to the show; they're not necessary for enjoying the show, but it's cool seeing extra backstory in the comic medium. One character who we met only briefly on the show, Hana Gitelman, gets fleshed out with a full story that really should have made it to the screen.

The writers did a good job with this, and I'm planning on seeking out the next volume, even though it covers parts of the series that I liked less. ( )
  BrookeAshley | May 20, 2013 |
Love the show, but this companion was merely "ok". ( )
  morbusiff | May 9, 2013 |
I wish I'd known about these comics when the series was airing! They are a great complement to season 1, if a bit confusing at times since it's been so long since I watched it. ( )
  terriko | Sep 29, 2012 |
Some of the art is cool, but, unfortunately, for the reader who has not watched the television series, the characters are completely mysterious and the larger story arc, if there is one, is impossible to follow. It's like picking up a text book that seems like it will be great only to discover it is written in a language you don't know and can't decipher. Frustrating. ( )
  bezoar44 | Feb 2, 2012 |
an excellent addition to the tv series. it tells stories that didn't fit into the regular broadcast. it really helps to open up some of the characters, explain some back stories, and just expand the whole experience of the show. the artwork is also really great. loved it. ( )
  shannonkearns | Jan 8, 2011 |
Heroes ( [2006]IMDb)
Something is happening.

Collects the first thirty-four installments of the online graphic novel. Read the amazing stories that happened in-between the aired episodes!

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,252,000 books! | Top bar: Always visible