Vampire Knight, Volume 3 by Matsuri Hino

Vampire Knight, Volume 3

by Matsuri Hino

I need more Vampire Knight. My heat is beating for this series. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
I find myself feeling badly for Kaname-Sama in this novel... ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
This volume of Vampire Knight included much more information about the backstory of Kaname and the relationship between he and Yuki, as well as furthering the depth of vampire society, which makes the world seem much richer.

I found Kaname's obsession with Yuki really pressing the border between affectionate and creepy. He spends a great deal of this volume utterly depressed because he feels that Yuki has not cared to share her feelings with him the way she used to in the past and it's clear that her involvement with Zero has him feeling insecure. I find all of this flabbergasting with the knowledge of the amount of power he wields not only amongst humans but amongst his own kind, and why he finds the trust and affectionate of Yuki so desirable is lost on me thus far.

I find, despite his brooding exterior, that I like Zero more and more as the story progresses, though the relationship between he and Yuki is not any healthier than it is between Yuki and Kaname. Her selflessness in the wake of these honestly two quite threatening (in different ways) vampires is disturbing, as she is continuously used and manipulated by both of them -- often consciously and willingly.

I was satisfied to learn more about the culture of vampire hunters within the world of Vampire Knight, and Zero's role within that culture, so I do hope to see more of that in the future. Zero's complicated past and present is enjoyable to read about. So far the only character I've had a hard time tolerating is new student Maria, whose innocent/dangerous personality feels too overdone and predictable. ( )
  vombatiformes | Mar 23, 2014 |
Volume 3 of Vampire Knight is about how Kaname is upset that Yuki will not tell him anything. He stays in his room most of the time. The only time he comes out is when Vice President Takuma Ichjio grandfather is coming. Once word goes out that Takuma's grandfather is coming everyone is nervous and scared. Ichio is one of the most fearsome vampire that is living. No one is happy that he is coming. Once he left everything went back to normal as normal as it can get. This is what happened in this volume.

You should read the Vampire Knight series. If you like books about mystical things, love triangle, and some unhappy/happy endings. Then this is the series for you. You will figure out a few things here and there. There is also a tv show for the books too. This is why you should read Vampire Knight series.
  maddie.albert576 | Feb 29, 2012 |
Hino is still making excellent artwork and an entertaining story. We see more of Kaname in this volume and Yuki as a child in Yuki's multiple flashbacks. Both Zero and Yuki continue to grow as characters, and we meet a few more vampires. There are a few vampire's in the academy that I'm mixing up, but it's not too bothersome, since they don't play huge roles yet. The end of the volume doesn't quite leave us with a cliffhanger, but it does make you want to pull the next book into your lap straightaway. Bring on more, please! :) ( )
  Kassilem | Aug 28, 2011 |

Ichigo's grandfather brings a distinguished visitor to Cross Academy, one of the oldest vampires on the senate. Kaname, the pure blood vampire discovers Ichigo's grandfather has an ulterior motive for the visit.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,929,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible