Economics for Dummies by Peter Antonioni

Economics for Dummies

by Peter Antonioni

111820,536 (4)None

I have yet to find a single title in this series which is not worthy of a place of honour upon my bookshelf. Economics for Dummies does not brook that trend.

If there is anybody out there who has not come across the 'for Dummies' series, don't be put off by the joky title, these are serious books taking a topic and splitting it into bite size chunks of easily digested information. My understanding, or frankly interest in, economics is severely limited but, if one wishes to enter into grown up political debate, an understanding at some level is a necessity. Thank goodness for this book. One could start at page one and read through to the end or, as I prefer, use it as a reference work: when I read one of those articles in the newspaper which is as keen to obfuscate as to inform, then this tome comes out to explain the terms or theories that are so often glossed over. The layout is such that finding the required section is simple and the language is elementary, without being patronising: one really feels a level of understanding of the subject. Do you think that I should forward a copy to our beloved Chancellor of the Exchequer?
  the.ken.petersen | Jul 27, 2015 |

Economics impacts every aspect of our lives, from what we eat to where we live. This book simplifies the history, principles, theories, and terminology behind micro- and macroeconomics, helping you get to grips with how economic decisions affect you, your finances, and the world around you.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,645,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible