Infected by Scott Sigler

Infected (2008)

by Scott Sigler

Series: Infected (1)

English (73)  German (2)  All (75)
"Infected" is a strong sci-fi novel with more than a touch of horror. I always love when an author manages to take an interesting premise and turn it into a page-turning story... especially one whose ending manages to keep me reading just as quickly as the rest of the book. The pacing of the book had me going right from the start, and I was completely hooked as I realized I was following along Perry's journey with the Triangles. The book definitely tested the limits of the amount of gore I can handle - definitely not for the squeamish! If you can overcome reading about vast amounts of pain - some self-inflicted - then this is worth a try. Definitely going to be looking for more by Sigler! ( )
  Caltania | Apr 26, 2018 |
I admit that this book was like reading a romance novel for horror fans. The plot was thin in a few places but the pace was great. I ripped through it in a day and sometimes it's just great to have a book that is all about fun and oh that's really gross. No thinking required, just get on the ride.

This book is for horror fans but I think it has some science fiction and thriller appeal. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
I wanted this book to be good, i was excited about the promises of story line and of course for the potential of blood and creepy horror awesomeness. What the hell happened? Now, maybe, just maybe (read yeah I highly effing doubt it) it was because the book was read by the author for the audio version, and he took that as an opportunity to treat it as a (horrible) one man radio play, maybe that's what made it so awful. No, no it was the craptastic story line, the cartoonish characters, and the dialog clearly written by someone who has never held a conversation in his life. THAT is what made this book terrible. What made it worse was that he thought he was not only talented enough to write a book but to also read it out loud, which is how I learned there was something he did in life that was far worse than writing this book... don't podcast your book, it's a bad idea. Also, someone might want to talk to him about him unnecessary use of racism, sexism, and homophobia in a story that didn't call for it at all. Also can we talk about the lead FBI FIELD AGENT being a Nam vet and the fact that the average age for a vet who saw action in Nam in 2006 would have been around 60ish...not only does that seem like a no go, but he's also a complete moron... so yeah. Avoid this book. ( )
  PoesRaven42 | Feb 5, 2018 |
Throughout this book (I had the recorded version), I kept thinking.. 'This is NOT well written'. BUT the storyline was intriguing enough that I kept going (even though I had another recorded book sitting on the back seat, waiting its turn!).
AND... I'm going to add #2 to my to-read list.
In the afterword, the author/reader apologizes for his voices -- that wasn't the problem. I would have liked an opportunity to edit this book.
But.. still.. not only did I finish the book, but I'm putting the next in the series on my list.

So, make of that what you will. ( )
  LaurieGienapp | Dec 8, 2017 |
Oh my this was good. Real good.

A unique thriller involving a mysterious infection that is turning people violent... and more.

Well written, good pace, plenty of atmosphere, a real pleasure to read. It's the sort of book that you'll stay awake to finish rather than taking care of those pesky needs like sleep.

I am looking forward to digging into the latter 2 parts of the trilogy to see where this heads! ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Sep 22, 2016 |
Lass die Himmel schwarz werden. Lass die Infektion brennen. Dies ist ein neuer Anfang. - Killswitch Engage, "Welt in Flammen"
To my mom and dad, the best people I have ever known. To my wife, for the endless patience. To my O.J.'s -you know who you are.
Alida Garcia stumbled through the dense winter woods, blood marking her long path, a bright red comet trail against the blazing white snow.
Ich habe sie alle umgebracht!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 030740630X, Paperback)

A terrifying thriller that will crawl beneath your skin . . . and leave fresh blood on every page.

A mysterious disease is turning thousands of ordinary Americans into raving, paranoid murderers who inflict brutal horrors on strangers, their own families, and even themselves. And one morning, ex–football star Perry Dawsey awakens to find mysterious welts growing all over his body. Soon Perry finds himself acting and thinking strangely, hearing voices, fighting uncontrollable rage . . . he is infected. Worse, the disease wants something from him, something that could alter the fate of the human race.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:21 -0400)

CIA operative Dew Phillips, working together with CDC epidemiologist Margaret Montoya, races to stop the spread of a mysterious disease that is turning ordinary people into murderers. A former football player who has become infected with the deadly bioengineered parasite may carry the cure.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,242,250 books! | Top bar: Always visible