The Call of the Wild [adapted - Oxford…

The Call of the Wild [adapted - Oxford Bookworms]

by Nick Bullard

English (13)  Japanese (1)  All (14)
Men need strong and big dogs when they go to north of Canada.
There were golds.
Buck was chief dog and lived in Mr Miller's big house.
Mr Miller needed money for his large family that's why Buck was sold.
I like dogs and I have a dog.
Buck should change his life because of getting golds.
He was tough,but I felt sad when he staied alive in the ice.
  chi- | Jan 18, 2012 |
A excellent dog,Buck was kept by a rich family as a pet.And one day he was stolen and sold.But he was so wise that he get used to living in wild.Then he came across thornton and came to know fwwlings of love.
I think it is cool that Buck learned about wild and attracted.Through the life of the dog,I considered the life of the human.Receiving your destiny such as Buck,is positive thing,I think. ( )
  sorasora | Oct 19, 2011 |
Buck, a big dog, lived in the peaceful and safe south. But he was stolen and sold because men need big, strong dogs to work in the north. The dangerous and hard jobs and life make Buck change.
Buck is a clever and strong dog, and he was forced to do extremely hard labor. I don't like that. I'm sorry for Buck. But I think the severe life makes Buck wild and tells him many things. So I can't decide if it's good for Buck or not. I think dogs have their own will. It's not humans but dogs to decide it. ( )
  amat19 | Jul 15, 2011 |
Beck, which is a strong but kind dog, is suddenly stolen from his home and take north.
He is a tool of human who want to find gold.
He used to be timid, but by training, he becomes a wild dog, and finally he becomes a lead-dog.
He learns not only how human are terrible, but also find not all human like that.
He experienced many things, and grows up.

This story was a litte long story for me.
But once I start to read this book, I could read at all quickly.
Some scines are very terrible, but maybe you can be enjoy if you read at all. ( )
  tora2 | Jun 27, 2011 |
There are many dogs in this story.Human force the dogs to do something to get golds. They treat these dogs cluely. In the dogs,especially Buck became smarter and smarter because he leaned how to live in the wild.
This book made me excited, for instance, a view of fighting dogs is thrilling! It's easy to imagine the world in this story. ( )
  pooon | May 9, 2011 |

Is a retelling of

This is an Oxford Bookworms Library adaptation of The Call of the Wild.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0194229971, Paperback)

When men find gold in the frozen north of Canada, they need dogs - big, strong dogs to pull the sledges on the long journeys to and from the gold mines. Buck is stolen from his home in the south and sold as a sledge-dog. He has to learn a new way of life - how to work in harness, how to stay alive in the ice and the snow ...and how to fight. Because when a dog falls down in a fight, he never gets up again.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:30 -0400)

PLAYAWAY: A bold-spirited sheepdog is stolen from his comfortable home and thrust into the rugged, frozen terrain of the Alaskan Klondike. There he is made a sled dog and battles to become his team's leader amid the bitter cold and the savage lawlessness of man and beast.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,703,055 books! | Top bar: Always visible