Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Burger's medicnal Chemistry and Drug Discovery Volume-02
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0471575577, Hardcover)The most comprehensive source of the latest information in drug discovery and medicinal chemistry
BURGER'S MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY AND DRUG DISCOVERY, FIFTH EDITION, Volume 2: Therapeutic Agents
Renowned for its incisive, systematic examination of the new classes of drugs, Burger's Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery provides professionals with thorough, yet selective access to drug chemistry information in a convenient format. Volume 2 outlines the newest generation of drugs with the potential for controlling cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and tubercular disease. These include:
* Cholinergics and anticholinergics
* Gastric proton pump inhibitors
* Cardiac drugs and antihypertensive agents
* Diuretic and urcosuric agents
* Aminoglycoside, macrolide, glycopeptide, and other antibacterial antibiotics
* Antimycobacterial and antifungal agents
The behavior of each drug class is explored in terms of pathophysiology of the disease state, molecular mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, toxicity, drug metabolism, and structure activity relationships. Special attention is given to fertile areas of further research. Burger's Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery, Volume 2 is an essential reference for medical professionals and researchers working today.
Burger's Medicinal Chemistry, Fifth Edition consists of five volumes: Volume 1: Principles and Practice (0-471-57556-9) 1995 " . . . an essential addition to the libraries of any medicinal chemist . . . an outstanding work . . . highly praised as a fountain of information in drug studies and research."--Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
* Volume 2: Therapeutic Agents (0-471-57557-7) 1996
* Volume 3: Therapeutic Agents (0-471-57558-5) 1996
* Volume 4: Therapeutic Agents (0-471-57559-3) 1997
* Volume 5: Therapeutic Agents (0-471-57560-7) 1997
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:04 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.