The Great Adventure: Theodore Roosevelt and…

The Great Adventure: Theodore Roosevelt and the Rise of Modern America

by Albert Marrin

372306,014 (3)None

Roosevelt became the youngest man to ever hold the Presidential office. However, you will soon learn while reading, The Great Adventure, Theodore Roosevelt, and the Rise to Modern America, that being young certainly did not detract from his Presidential plight. This book gives a comprehensive account of Roosevelt's life; beginning with his young childhood days, to when he was President and would only meet with congress from 10-12 Monday-Friday. He was one of our most influential Presidents from the way that he believed people should be judged on merit, not color, to his conservation movement, to his famous Roughriders and his work for the Panama Canal. These are just a few of the facts included in, The Great Adventure: Theodore Roosevelt and the Rise of Modern American. This is a thorough biography that would be informative and interesting to students 5th grade and up.
  OnyH. | Jul 21, 2017 |
This was an extremely well-written book that I found fascinating to read. It covered so many aspects of Teddy Roosevelts life in an in-depth way. It focused on his childhood, his time in the White House and how the tremendous amount he accomplished, his legacy of conservation, his very active physical life and his role with the Rough Riders and much more. It made me see the man in his complexity and gave me a new-found appreciation of all that he accomplished in his lifetime.
  angelabotha | Jun 11, 2012 |

We knew toil and hardship and hunger and thirst . . . but we felt the hardy life in our veins, and ours was the glory of work and the joy of living.

?Theodore Roosevelt

Theodore Roosevelt is one of America?s liveliest and most influential figures. He was a scholar, cowboy, war hero, explorer, and a brilliant politician. As president, Roosevelt?s far-reaching policies abroad and at home forever changed both our nation?s place in the world and the life of every modern American.

Fascinating details and an intimate, fast-paced narrative explore the heroic life and complex world of an American icon.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:00 -0400)

Theodore Roosevelt is one of America's liveliest and most influential figures. He was a scholar, cowboy, war hero, explorer, and a brilliant politician. As president, Roosevelt's far-reaching policies abroad and at home forever changed both our nation's place in the world and the life of every modern American.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,980,859 books! | Top bar: Always visible