Lutheran Questions, Lutheran Answers:…

Lutheran Questions, Lutheran Answers: Exploring Christian Faith

by Martin Marty

Lutheran Questions Lutheran Answers: Exploring Christian Faith by Martin Marty. Age: adult. Library section 2 B (Lutheranism: Lutheran Writings). At my former church we used this book for a bible study. Written in question and answer form, the author groups questions into 13 chapters each on a different theme: Lutheran History and Heritage, the Bible, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Humanity, Salvation, Worship, The Church, Sacraments, Christian Life, the Reign of God and Polity.
Questions range from, “Where do Lutherans Come From?,” to, “Will Non-Christians Be Saved?;” from, “Can We Prove That God Exists?,” to, “How Do We Know the Will of God?” Just looking through the table of contents where the questions are listed will definitely get your mind working and wondering. You can either go right to a question that particularly intrigues you or you can read the whole thing straight through, which is great. Because the questions are grouped into themes, the author can stick with one topic and build on what was said in previous questions, thereby creating depth in each general topic.
This book will be of interest to LLLs (life long Lutherans) since it will reinforce and reaffirm beliefs they’ve grown up with and cherish. It will also greatly benefit those who come to Lutheranism from other faith traditions (Christian and non-Christian) and those with no faith at all.
With interfaith marriage becoming more and more prevalent, we need to know what Lutherans believe so we can spread the Good News as Lutherans to our children, family members, friends, colleagues, and neighbors. This does not mean we have a right to disrespect the faiths of others. Americans are allowed to worship, or not worship, as they see fit according to personal conscience.
When we share what we believe we build and strengthen our church, not to mention our own faith, and the faith of others. A knowledgeable congregation is one which knows its Lutheran history and values its rich traditions of belief, symbolism, liturgy, and hymnody. This enables us to worship, share the Good News, and serve others, with God at the center of all we do. It’s not about us and our own personal preferences. It’s about God and what we should best do in order to worship and praise the Lord as Lutherans. If we know what Lutherans believe, we will have an anchor and many benchmarks by which to tell if something is Lutheran or not.
Lutherans have the best theology on the block so if you are rusty about it and want to brush up, or need to delve deeper into what Lutherans believe, check out this book. It will answer many of your questions and will remind you why you worship here at Epiphany Lutheran Church. ( )
  Epiphany-OviedoELCA | Aug 26, 2011 |

Lutherans often have questions about Lutheran theology and beliefs that are basic to the Christian faith itself. Featuring a unique question-and-answer format, Lutheran Questions, Lutheran Answers is an accessible and concise treatment that provides the most frequently asked questions on important topics and brief but complete answers from a distinguished Lutheran historian and theologian. Contents include questions and answers about: Lutheran History and Heritage Bible God Jesus Christ Humanity Holy Spirit Salvation Church Worship Sacraments Christian Life Reign of God Polity

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:17 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,371,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible