Sudden Death by Michael Balkind

Sudden Death (2007)

by Michael Balkind

Reid Clark is a pro golfer at the top of the leader board during the PGA tour; he s also a hothead with a reputation for trouble. Reid receives a death threat right before teeing off on the final day of the Master's Tournament, and hires a P.I. to track down the perpetrator. Though the characters are well-developed and believable; the mystery and suspense provoking; there is just too much golf here! I would recommend this book for only those who like the sport! ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jul 28, 2016 |
This was an awful book, but since it was a freebie I suppose I can't be too critical. Oh, sure I can.

The golf-related passages were mildly interesting, but the book itself went nowhere and then abruptly ended. It followed this pattern: golfer receives a threat, several dozen pages of golf and related topics, another threat, another series of golf pages, another threat... Until the end, when it wraps up. Absolutely no investigative narrative, nothing explaining what was going on to 'solve' the problem between the threats. I would've ditched it but I was sure something interesting would happen at some point, but alas, no. ( )
  gmmartz | Jun 21, 2016 |
Reid Clark, prize winning golfer, on the verge of signing a multi-million dollar equipment deal suddenly is besieged by death threats. Here’s the situation. Does he throw the next tournament as the killer demands or face the threat and keep the public happy? Never one to turn down a challenge he hires the best PI money can get, brings his girl-friend and family in close to keep an eye on them while his investigators not only protect him but track down the bad guy in time for the tournament to go smoothly.
Not just for fans of golf but those that love a good mystery too. You will enjoy the buildup, the red herrings and the sudden death climax. Balkind is making a series with this character; so if you enjoyed this novel check out Dead Ball.
  MarkPSadler | Jan 17, 2016 |
The main character is so self absorbed and negative that he is impossible to care about. When he decides after six successful years on the pro golf circuit that he wants to be a better man he begins to throw money all over the place . He decides to by mom a house and car even though she loves where she lives. He throws parties and gives gifts to most everyone who had a kind behavior. He just didn't ring true. He constantly snaps at everyone around him, his caddy, his agent and he expects to be forgiven anything and everything if he apologizes. The book finally end and I was glad I was done with it. ( )
  Condorena | Apr 2, 2013 |
Pressure.

We all have to deal with pressure in some respects in our lives. Those of us that have played a sport, and played competitively, know pressure all too well. It can cause you seize up at that critical moment, make your heart race, or in some rare cases - give you the clarity you need to be at your best.

Reid Clark - the self-styled "Bad Boy of Golf" finds himself dealing with more pressure than most. Dealing with trying to win one of golf's greatest tournaments - he finds himself the target of escalating death threats as well.

Can Reid play past the mounting pressure to win the tournament with his life in the balance? Can he change his bad boy ways and be a better man? Can he win the heart of a gorgeous new fan?

Escape into this entertaining thriller and find out!! ( )
  summerdaniels | Aug 16, 2011 |

Reid Clark - a pro golfer at the top of the leader board during the PGA tour; he is also a hothead with a reputation for trouble. Reid receives a death threat right before teeing off on the final day of the Master's Tournament, and hires a P.I. to track down the perpetrator. Suspense builds throughout as Reid tries to compete in one of golf s most prestigious contests - and woo the woman he loves.

Reid Clark - a pro golfer on the PGA tour; is also a hothead with a reputation for trouble. Reid receives a death threat right before teeing off on the final day of the Master's Tournament, & hires a P.I. to track down the perpetrator. Suspense builds throughout as Reid tries to compete in one of golfs most prestigious events & woo the woman he loves, while dodging death at every turn.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,431,537 books! | Top bar: Always visible