A Little Guide to Christian Spirituality:…

A Little Guide to Christian Spirituality: Three Dimensions of Life with… (2007)

by Glen G. Scorgie

The book is a struggle - not to read, but to embrace in a meaningful way. I love it; each time I go back to it I find something new to apply to my life. And each time it challenges me into a deeper relationship with God, one that transforms who I am, and nudges me deeper into my vocation.

That is the premise and promise of this book: An authentic Christian Spirituality is Relational, Transformational, and Vocational. In my ministry and life, I experience the truth of this almost every day.

Yet this is not a book to be read and understood; something far more active seems to be intended: the book serves as a guide, taking you deeper into an embrace by God.

If you want to understand Christian Spirituality, this is a great book to start with. It is not the end, but it prepares you well for the journey. ( )
  Daxiong | Oct 22, 2009 |

Navigating the contemporary spiritual maze is a challenge. This book will help readers: * Think clearly about Christian spirituality * Understand its basic dynamics, and * Utilize classic and contemporary resources with discernment Join Glen on his sabbatical pilgrimages to Iona Abbey in Scotland, spiritually significant sites in Italy and Turkey, and renewal centers in North America. Listen as he provides brief profiles of memorable people and places from the rich history of Christian spirituality. Consider his rediscovery that Christian spirituality is about living all of life before God in the transforming and empowering presence of his Spirit. This biblically informed book traces the contours of such an encompassing spirituality. It offers a simple yet comprehensive model with three dimensions: * A relational dimension (Christ with us) * A transformational dimension (Christ in us), and * A vocational dimension (Christ through us) It is not meant to replace any of the devotional classics or a single one of the many helpful contemporary treatments of Christian spirituality. It is a companion volume to the rest---a modest-sized but reliable guide to the whole field.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:57 -0400)

Zondervan

An edition of this book was published by Zondervan.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,474,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible