Big Cats! by Patricia Corrigan

Big Cats!

by Patricia Corrigan, Kathy Feeney, Gwenyth Swain, Cherie Winner

Other authors: John F. McGee (Illustrator)

Series: Our Wild World

811,035,133 (5)None

This book is broken into sections of cougars,leopards, lions, and tigers. All of these animals are considered big cats. Each section gives characteristics of what parts of the workld these animals are usually found. They give differnt nicknames for these animals as well. Each animal also has a fun fact about it at the ned of each section.

I enjoyed this book because the pictures were great. Pictures, in my opinion, make children want ot read books such as these more often. This book also had a lot of interesting facts and informative facts to help the children learn more about varieties of animals.

In the classroom, I would have a unit on animals. I would also have fun drawing activities in which the children would draw their favorite animal and then describe which group of animals it falls under. ( )
  Jessica24 | Apr 13, 2010 |

Patricia Corriganprimary authorall editionscalculated
Feeney, Kathymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Swain, Gwenythmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Winner, Cheriemain authorall editionsconfirmed
McGee, John F.Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Children's questions about lions, tigers, leopards, and cougars--such as: How do tigers tails help them run? Why do leopards have spots? How do cougars stalk for food?--are answered in this collection of incredible full-color close-up photos and illustrations.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,293,061 books! | Top bar: Always visible